Chapter 32.

Later that night

While they have yet to talk about what happened between Chris and Nicole, Scarlett announced that they would be leaving for the evening and going to the hotel. After their talk, Nicole seemed more welcoming toward everyone and was even looking forward to hanging out with Chris tomorrow after school, which he for some reason agreed to pick her up from. 

Scarlett couldn't deny the bit of jealousy racing through her veins when they made the plans, however, she agreed to hang out with Jasmine and Brett to discuss visiting arrangements. 

Chris seemed rather excited about their future outings, in fact when he told Scarlett about it, she noticed the smile on his face that she normally only saw directed at her. But a part of her couldn't understand why he suddenly was so fond over Nicole. So when they were alone in the car driving back to the hotel she decided to bring it up. 

"Chris, you know you don't have to push yourself into uncomfortable positions with Nicole if you don't want to. I think right now we should focus on figuring out what she is comfortable with." Scarlett said, and Chris looked at her for a second before focusing his attention back on the road. 

"Well, I am not doing anything that I don't want to do. So you don't have to worry about that." Chris answered. He could feel her confused look glaring holes in the side of his head. 

"Just yesterday you were unsure about all of this. Since we met her you haven't shown any interest in her." Scarlett pointed out. 

"people can change their minds. I talked with the kid and I realized I have been being a bit over dramatic." He explained, to be fair he was scared, but just talking with Nicole only brought him peace. Something he hasn't felt in a very long time. To be honest, he didn't want it to go away anytime soon. 

"They don't change that fast Chris unless something happened..." She started to trail off. 

"What are you talking about?" He asked when Scarlett seemed to have gone mute. 

"Chris if you are doing this because of what happened between us then you should stop." She sighed and Chris gripped the steering wheel tightly. "it's just not fair to everyone else in this situation," 

"You know not everything I do in my life revolves around you. Yes maybe I continue acting was from your help, joining Marvel was a lot easier with you being there, and maybe I gave up Nicole because it's what you thought was best but maybe just maybe I made a single decision not concerning you!" He was angry, and that much was evident in his voice. Scarlett flinched at the harshness of his voice. 

The parked the car in the parking lot of the hotel and neither of them moved. There was tension in the air and Chris was fuming with anger, mostly aimed at her and a bit aimed at herself. But the reason he was upset at himself was for lashing out at her. She really did control most of his being, but not all of him. Not anymore. 

"what did you two talk about?" She asked, her voice low as if testing him to talk back to her again. Chris's anger took over him once again. 

"that is none of your concern." And it really wasn't. When Nicole was ready to talk to everyone else about how she was feeling then she would tell them. It wasn't his information to give out. 

"Chris... I am trying here. I am trying to connect with her and I see you just do it so easily. Just last month you didn't even know if you wanted to be in her life, Chris." Scarlett looked down at her lap.