Chapter 23.

Tick Tock

Nicole and her family waited at the restaurant where they were supposed to meet Scarlett. The family agreed to meet her at the restaurant at 6'o clock, it was 7. She kept telling them that she would be here. There wasn't any way that she would miss this. At least that was what she was trying to convince herself.

but time continued, and since it was a more fancy restaurant as well, so when the waiter came up to them asking them to either order or leave her parents gave her a pitiful look before they all put their menus down decided to pick up some fast food on the way back to the hotel. 

"Nic, I am sorry they didn't show up." Her father said looking at her as they arrived at the hotel and her older siblings started walking up to their room.

"She wanted to say goodbye to me and she didn't even show up," Nicole said shaking her head, she can't believe she actually thought that they would actually show. 

"Well sometimes people just get busy, and maybe she did want to be there." Her father tried to find the right words to explain Scarlett's actions, however, he just couldn't. 

"What your father is trying to say, honey is that people lie, and that's the hard truth. Maybe she just wasn't ready to be a mother. I know you had all this hope in her but maybe she needs time you know." Her mother was telling her the hard truth. Because as much as it hurt, she didn't want her daughter gathering all these hopes about this woman and then be crushed down by her. 

"She told me that she was though," Nicole said wiping the tear from her face. She didn't want to cry for someone who didn' even care enough to let her know she couldn't make it. So why was Nicole trying so hard to defend her? "I am gonna call her," She said, she was still going to give Scarlett the benefit of the doubt. Her parents nodded their heads before giving her a bit of space. 

Pulling out her phone, Nicole prayed she would answer and explain that all of this was a huge misunderstanding. The phone rang and she was nervously looking down as her hair feel down and hid her face. 

"Please pick up..." She muttered hope started clouding her mind. This hand to all be a misunderstanding, there was no way that she would ditch her like that. Maybe something came up that she couldn't text Nicole. 

"You have reached the voice mailbox of...." The voice went on as Nicole strongly shut her eyes as if to tell herself that this wasn' happening. That she wasn't being left again. She ended the call before sighing heavily. Guess it wasn't a mistake, she was being ignored. 

But was even more upsetting was that she had to leave the next day. This was going to be her goodbye, but I guess that wasn't going to happen. Maybe it was a mistake to get so attached. 

Meanwhile, after the realization of her forcing Chris into all of this parenting stuff, she needed a distraction. So when the cast invited her to go drink with the guys, well she was more than willing to join them, which in turn had her forget all of the promises and plans she had made with her daughter.  

They went to a small bar where barely anyone would go on an attempt to not be seen or start a scene. Jeremy, Robert, and Mark were sitting at a booth just talking, away from the crowd. Chris Hemsworth, who was there with his wife who was in town, was dancing with her. and she found her self at the bar with Chris Evans. He would occasionally look over at her bus she just seemed to be in her own world, casually ordering drinks every now and then. 

"What you drinking?" He asked awkwardly trying to start up some sort of conversation with her. She looked down at the drink she was moving around with her fingers.