Chapter 37

The trip to LA was probably one of the craziest travel experiences Nicole had ever had, considering she ran away to meet her birth family not too long ago, that was saying something. But this was a whole new level of crazy.

Everywhere she turned she saw someone with a camera. Luckily for her, they couldn't see her, and she wasn't easy to identify. Nicole had her hair braided back with a baseball cap on top and she was wearing her glasses that she rarely ever wears.

She had left for LA with her mother and father, and she was sure the next time she returned nothing would ever be the same again. Throughout the entire fight over Nicole kept in touch with Scarlett and Chris, who were apparently planning with their publicist about what was going to happen. She was nervous to say the very least.

She wasn't the only one nervous, however. In LA, Scarlett was on her phone taking calls from her who team who were now just finding out about this as well. They found out and now they are helping Chris's team make a press conference about this. She was stressing out very much.

"Hey, are you okay?" Chris asked when he had a moment to breathe, they were currently working on getting onto Ellen Degeneres's show for the announcement, but so many other shows were asking to get the first word, they still needed to hear back from Ellen's team if she had room. Ellen wasn't a gossip, and Chris and Scarlett knew her personally so they wanted it to be done on her show.

"I don't know. You know I tried calling my parents, but they still haven't answered me. I think they are still upset with me," Chris gently took Scarlett's hand in his own.

"I am sorry," He said.

"Don't be, it's not your fault," She answered softly putting her head on Chris's shoulder. "Thank you for being here,"

"Any time," he said and turned to give her a kiss on the head before pulling her a bit closer. Scarlett felt his warmth very calming, it has always seemed to have that effect on her. She didn't hate it.

"NO. NO. NO." The two actors turned to Nick, Chris's manager, who was looking at them in disbelief. "I already have to deal with this. Now you two are together? No. why Chris why? Why do you make my life so difficult? All I wanted to do was go home and go to sleep."

"Sorry man," Chris shrugged, Nick only glared at the pair before walking away, then They both erupted into a pit of laughter. "Poor Nick," he shook his head.

"He probably hates us," Scarlett said into his shoulder. Chris nodded and looked down at his watch.

"Alright break is over, we have to go pick up Nicole and her parents," Chris said.

"You know the closer this gets the more freaked out I get." Scarlett laughed nervously.

"Don't worry I will be right by your side," Chris promised to rub her hand with his thumb.

"Promise?" She asked with big eyes.

"I promise." He smiled. "Now shall we?" Scarlett took a big breath.

"We shall." Before they could go anywhere Nick came walking back into the room.

"You know I got to say it's a relief that you are not a pedophile." Nick smiled. "Because I can solve a lot of things. but that... there is no turning back from that."

"Yeah Chris," Scarlett smirked. "I am so glad that you are a not pedophile."

"Oh god is this going to be a thing now?" Chris groaned Scarlett could only smile before he followed Scarlett out of the room off to pick up their daughter.

*

Now reunited, Nicole sat in the car with her parents and Chris and Scarlett. Getting in the car was probably so tough considering a paparazzi noticed Scarlett was in the car, people now had so many questions on their mind.