Chapter 27.

When people talked about being drunk she never knew that this is really what it was like. Nicole walked or rather stumbled into her house trying to make a little noise as possible. As far as her parents knew she was up in bed asleep, like always. She found it very hard to even walk through the halls without bumping into walls. She would silently curse herself when she almost dropped one of the pictures on the walls.

" dammit" She murdered as she tried and walked up to her room but the stairs in her blurry vision we're not exactly friends. She stopped and took a breath and then that's when she heard her parent's bedroom door open.

"Nicole is that you?" She heard her mother's worried voice to ask. Nicole looked up the stairs to see her mother standing in the very top with a worried look plastered along her face.

Oooohoo hey moooom," She said slurring her words a bit from the drunken state she was currently in.

"Why the hell are you dressed like that?" Her mother asked observing her over the top outfit. She started to descend upon the stairs and that's when the smell of alcohol filled her nose. "And what the hell is that smell?" Her mother's voice was strict and and help no joking matter, however, a small bit of laughter came from Nicole's mouth. "Why are you laughing?"

"I'm sorry mom but-" she couldn't even finish her sentence due to the fact that she started laughing once more. Her mother all the while was getting more upset.

" Nicole Jones I'm gonna ask you this one time and one time only, where the hell were you?" She asked and suddenly the laughter ended, even drunk, Nicole knew better then to ignore her mother.

" I can't tell you that," she said trying to avoid the simple question. "I mean I want to I really do, however, I just know how disappointed you gonna be in me and I really don't need more of that right now." Jasmine looked at her daughter. Did she really think she was disappointed in her? Frustrated yes, disappointed never. " and even if you're not, I know after I say this you will be,"

" well, I guess we won't really know until you tell me right? You might as well just tell me now because I'm not in the mood for waiting," her moms voice was stern and Nicole rub the back of her neck with her hand before looking up at her mom.

"I made a mistake. I don't know where to start actually. But I guess I'll start the beginning. I guess you could say I may have sneaking out the house and in the middle the night I may have actually walked a few blocks down to party that may have been a high school party where they were serving alcohol which I may or may not have taken a sip or 4 or more of and a whole bunch of horrible things are happening. You can say that I almost got into a fight because I was dancing with someone that I shouldn't have been dancing with. You can also say that I made a horrible full of myself by doing that and I feel like that since I have to live with that notion of what I did that I should not be punished." Her mother stood there staring at her daughter confused this is not the grocery this was not the girl she remembered.

" are you trying to tell me that you were drunk Nicole Elizabeth Jones?" Her mom's Voice didn't even hold a ounce of sympathy for the things her daughter went through tonight.

" I don't think you understand the whole point of this" Nicole said rather annoyed adding to the flames of her mother's wrath.

" I don't understand?" How mother yelled this time her voice echoing throughout the house causing her husband to open their bedroom door and walk towards the situation at hand, he watched her for knowing not to interrupt his wife when she was like this.

"Don't you understand that my entire high school life is ruined? I can't show my face in that school Again without being laughed at. She made a complete full of me and you're not even acting like you care!" Nicole said accusingly to her mother.

" i'm sorry," she started sarcastically, "Would you prefer me to say haul my dear girl I'm so sorry that you snuck out of my house in the middle the night disobeying my rules and then you got yourself a drunk creating situations for yourself that wouldn't have happened had you stayed home and follow my rules? Is that what you wanted me to say?" Her mother looked down at her daughter.

" do you know what I don't have the mental capacity to talk with you right now. I just want to go to sleep, I'm already gonna wake up miserable you can yell at me then," She tried walking away however her mother followed her and Brett stood there confusingly looking at the girls.

" don't you even think about walking away for me only! I have been nothing but patient with you as you try and figure things out but I will not allow you to make a complete fool of yourself by getting yourself drunk and sneaking out of my house. I know it's been a hard month for you however why don't you stop and think about how everyone else is feeling you're not the only one having a hard time right now Nicole!" Her mother was furious. 

" if you told me the truth none of this would have been happening. If you had let me meet with them in the first place none of this would happen!" Nicole was angry, and with The alcohol, in her system, she is bringing a personal situations into the argument. " if anyone is to blame as to why I am doing this it's you!" And with that, the door to Nicole's bedroom slam shut leaving both of your parents to stay in there and shop. There was silence among them for but finally spoke up to his wife.

" Jasmine what are we gonna do you know she's only doing this until she gets to see them again," Brett spoke honestly.

" why should we give into this behavior? We're not trying to punish her by keeping her away for them this is for her best interest and if she doesn't understand that then-"

" she's gonna keep acting out Jas, I know you love maybe she just needs to see. Maybe she just needs to see how much you love her."

" I don't love them." Jasmine said stubbornly to her husband who was shaking his head.

"That's not what I'm getting at, what I mean to say is that maybe to make her happy we need to focus on what she wants. I don't think she's trying to replace you I really don't, I think she's wants to know where she came from and that's OK." Brett always had a way with words and making her think about all her actions. " listen now that she knows who they are she's not gonna let this go. I want you to think about what they are going to do. I know you must think that they are horrible people and forgiving her out, but given the life, they live publicly don't you think that's for the best and they were teenagers not everyone is ready at that age. Giving up a child that early on is hard and now that Nicole has gone back into their life it's gonna be hard for them to let go. The only people keeping them from Nicole is us and I don't think that's good for either groups, it's only pushing the call away from us and closer to them."

" you're telling me I love her birth parents come in and start to take over?" Nicole asked, to which Brett shook his head no.

"Not to take over, but just to be there when she need them. Think about their line of work you're not gonna be around too often because of everything they do. But when she needs more support than just our small little family, she just has more people and isn't that what we want for her? For her to be loved? Because I'm pretty sure that's why we adopted her. It was because we loved her, and we didn't want her to be without love." wise beyond words.

" what if one day she decides that she likes in them more?" Jasmine muttered. "Brett I just don't think that I can handle that kind of rejection. I can't stand losing Nicole she's my daughter."

" and how do you think Scarlett feels?" Brett asked earning a sigh from Jasmine. " i'm not saying you need to answer now, but I think you should think about it because all we ever did in life let's make sure our kids are happy if this makes her happy then it should make us happy to right?"

"Sometimes I hate it when you're so smart like that" Jasmine smile moving the hair that fell into her face out of the way the horn bracing her husband.

" i'm just a package, just give used to it and I get better from here darling,"

Oh my gosh did we just come across a breakthrough?