Chapter 34.

The school bell just rang and Nicole was full of so much excitement for the day. She was much more excited to get to know Chris then she would have thought. She hoped that their relationship could continue to grow from here. 

Running out of the school, Nicole's eyes glazed over all the cars looking for the one Chris had rented for his stay here. This morning her parents told her about their plans with Scarlett,  even invited her to join, but she would much rather have some quality one on one time with Chris instead. 

She finally spotted his car and walked toward his car with a smile on her face, which surprised her, she didn't expect to be this excited with their hangout. Maybe this is what it would be like when everything is normal again. But for right now she was content, almost happy with her situation. 

Unfortuenly it wouldn't last, because the high schoolers got out early today. Just her luck, Marie was standing four cars in front of Chris's car. She gulped and tried to find a way past her without her noticing her. 

Keeping her head down, Nicole began to quickly make her way past her alongside a group of students that happened to be taller than her. She tried not to look Marie's way but she tried to steal a glance Marie's eyes found hers. 

"Well well well if it isn't little miss slut," Marie spoke, Nicole tried to ignore her but Marie and her group walked faster and in front of her. "Hello, I was talking to you," 

"What are you even doing here?" Nicole asked. A small group of students began to surround them, interested in what Marie Cooper was doing on campus. Nicole silently wished she had taken Ava up on her offer on going with her to pick up some math extra credit sheet. She also wished that Chris had parked a little bit closer. 

"None of your concern." She asked. Nicole rolled her eyes and tried to pass her but Nicoles's words stopped her. "leaving so soon? What going to steal someone else's boyfriend? Careful girls, she has no boundaries, little slut," 

"at least I am not a bitch," Nicole shot back. The group of students around them erupted in 'oos' making Marie even angry. Her eyes were red with anger and her fist were clenched. 

"Excuse me?" Marie asked. The tension in the air could be cut with a knife. "What does a slut like you even know? Besides taking away men," 

"Do you even know what the word slut means? Because I know what bitch means and it matches you," students watching them broke out into laughter. 

"How dare you!" Marie said, "You better be careful Jones, you'll regret it." 

"Oh believe me I already regretting meeting you, how much more can I regret it?" She asked. 

"What is your problem?" She bites out. 

"You. You are my problem. Going around yelling at people just because they don't fit your standards. Well, guess what you aren't the queen of the world. Not everyone, unlike your poor group of friends, has to listen to you," She explained. 

"Excuse me? Well maybe if you did you wouldn't be such a slut." 

"Stop using that word! You have no clue what it means, I guarantee if you did then you would consider yourself one," 

"This whole act of confidence won't last long, that I can guarantee," Marie spoke with discussing, "Because you won't have it forever, and when you lose it I will be there," 

"I don't like bullies, no matter where they come from and from now on I won't let you define who I am." 

"How poetic." Marie rolled her eyes. "Trust me, Jones, you will regret ever messing with me," 

"So will you,"  Nicole began to walk away, Marie watching her as she went to Chris's car with careful eyes. Her eyes glazed over the driver and her mouth fell open in shock. "Is that..." she muttered. "No," she hit one of her friends on the shoulders. "Look," she pointed to the car that Nicole was getting into. 

"Is that Chris Evans?" She asked. "he's hot," 

"That can't be Chris Evans," Another added. 

"How does she know Chris Evans?" One asked. 

In their small town, everyone knew Chris Evans, they all grew up playing the game mystery date, the Avengers was one of the biggest movies coming out this year. Of course, everyone knew who Chris Evans. 

Marie took out her phone and snapped a picture of the man in the car. She watched as Nicole got into the car smiling. She almost wanted to laugh. It couldn't be Chris Evans. It didn't make any sense. 

"I want this posted all over social media," Marie stated. "If it is Chris Evans, which is just so unlikely, I want to know about it. I want to know what he would want with her," she smirked. 

*
*
*
*

"Hey what took you so long?" Chris asked as Nicole got settled in the car. She threw her back in the back, taking her phone out to charge it. 

"Nothing important." She smiled. Chris gave her a look like he knew something was wrong but he didn't want to push. 

"So you are the veteran of this place do you have any ideas where you can get the best shake? I could really use a-" 

"Snickers and bannas milkshake with extra whip cream?" They both said causing them to laugh. 

"Looks like you got my sweet tooth," Chris smirked and started to pull out of the school. 

"I know exactly where to go," 

They ended up going to My MilkShake, where they could create their own milkshake, and it was usually empty on weekdays so it was a perfect spot for them to go. They both ended up getting the Captain America, which made Chris laughed. 

"Wow this is really good, never thought I would like something named after a character I played." He laughs and so did Nicole. "Do you come here often?" 

"Ava and I do, it's just really nice to relax sometimes," She smiled. The two ended up having a conversation for an hour about the small things. He asked her about the school, about her hobbies, if she played sports and many other things. She didn't think this would ever be as easy as it actually was. 

"When do you go back?" She asked and they drove back to Nicole's house. 

"I have to leave tomorrow night," He answered. "My brother and I have plans." Nicole d=nodded her head. 

"This is my last week of school," She mentioned. "And I was kind of hoping that if it's okay with my parents and you of course that I could come over for the summer or a part of it." The request shocked Chris, he didn't know what to say to her. 

"I will be working a lot, I wouldn't want to be bored." 

"If you rather not.." 

"No,  I would love to have you over, but talk to your parents first and if they agree then we can make plans. Okay?" he asked giving her a smile. Nicole broke out in a smile. "Okay well I should let you go, you have school tomorrow. 

"Thank you for the shake Chris," She smiled, Chris nodded and watched as Nicole ran up to her front door and disappearing. That kid was really rubbing off on him, he actually couldn't wait to see if she could come over for the summer. 

"God I love that kid," He admitted with a smile. Even if they just met, there was an instant connection even in the beginning. He could wait to see where life would take them in the future.  For now, he would appreciate the small things. Milk Shakes. 

Fun Fact: My Milkshake actually exists! 
Don't forget to leave a review!