Chapter 13.

Nicole was practically shaking on her phone as she waited for her parents to answer the phone. She was scared that she would be in endless trouble. Or worse. She was scared that she was hurting them by finding out who her birth parents were.

"Hello? Nicole is that you?" Jasmine voice was panicked and stressed out. Nicole was outside of Scarlett's house which gave her the privacy she needed. 

"Mom?" She said her voice was shaky and almost to the point where you can barely hear her. There was a sigh of relief on the other side of the phone which put some sort of relief into Nicole. 

"Oh my god are you okay? Where are you?" She asked and Nicole knew there was panic laced in her voice. She heard the murmurs and whispers in the background, probably her siblings. Then she heard her father shush them. 

"I am in Las Angles," Nicole said her eyes were focused on the flower bush in front of her. "I am okay, I am not hurt. Ava is with me." She explained to them. "But we are both okay." 

"Las Angles? You have to be kidding me. Where are you staying?" She asked. 

"Mom. Please don't freak out. I don't want you guys to be sad. Be disappointed just please don't feel hurt or anything." She practically begged her not wanting her parents to feel betrayed by anything she did. 

"Honey please just tell us where you are." Her mother said. Nicole took a deep breath before speaking to her once parents once again. 

"I...I am at my um my birth parents house."

Meanwhile, Scarlett was preparing the guest bedroom when Ava walked in. Ava was embarrassed because she didn't think anyone was going to be in the room. That and she has been the biggest fan of Scarlett Johansson since she was in Spongebob. so this was all so surreal. 

"Oh sorry, I didn't know you were in here." She said and picked up her phone charger. Ava was about to leave when Scarlett stopped her. 

"Um, Ava can I ask you a question?" She asked. Ava turned and nodded her head. Scarlett smiled at her and then spoke once more. "I know I have been out of Nicole's life for a long time, which I really hated by the way. But I want to get to know her. Do you have any tips? Like what does she like?." Scarlett felt really bad because mothers should know these simple things but here she was not knowing the little things. 

Ava was honestly really surprised that she wanted to know more about Nicole. She thought that she would have just let them stay the night before leaving. But she actually wanted to get to know Nikki. 
"Well, Nik is more of a simple girl. She doesn't like fancy over the top things." Ava told Scarlett. 

"So what exactly should I do?" She asked. 

"for the last week Niki has been going through a thing was she believed you were embarrassed by her. Maybe if you are really serious about Nik having any kind of relationship with you then maybe you should introduce her to your family. Maybe the cast." She suggested. 

"Do you think she would like that?" Scarlett asked. 

"I think since she is your birth daughter that meeting her birth family would be nice. Something I think everyone wants to do whether they realize it or not." Ava said with a heartwarming smile. 

"You are really wise. I am glad my daughter had you there for her when I wasn't there." Scarlett said genuinely. 

"I will always be there for her." 

In the kitchen, Nicole just has gotten off the phone. She endured a lot of screaming and she knew her mother was hurt. They were on there way and most likely wouldn't make it to Las Angles for a few days because of the time they needed off of work and had to pack. 

walking into the kitchen was Chris, who was still unsure how to handle everything that has been happening in the last twenty-four hours.  He saw the look on Nicole's face and was unsure how to act. He was completely new at this and didn't know a single thing about being a parent and giving advice. 

He wasn't trying to be rude, it was just that he didn't know what to do. Was he suppose to talk to her? Was he suppose to give her time? Teenagers were very unpredictable and this was unmarked territory for him. But he was going to try. 

"Nicole right?" Not a great start. But it is a start. Nicole looked at him giving him a questioning look before nodding her head. "That's a beautiful name." 

"Thank you." She said flatly. Chris didn't want to be the person to ignore his child but from the looks of it, she didn't seem to want to have anything to do with him. Now it was a matter of whether or not he should respect that. But luckily for him, she was the one who spoke to him. 
"So you are my father? Well I mean my birth father," 

"Yeah uh, That's me." 

"Cool." Was all she said.  Now Chris was once again at a loss for all words. He never thought to talk to his daughter would be so hard. But it seems to be the hardest thing ever, other than choosing to give her up. Now he wondered how Scarlett could have done it so easily. 

Speaking of Scarlett,  Chris heard her calling his name so he awkwardly excused himself and ran up the stairs to her room where she was waiting.  She was holding the phone in her hand as if she had just gotten off the phone. She handed it over to him. 

"What? What is this for?" He asked confused. 

"I want you to call your family and tell them to come over." She said. Luckily for them, both there families were in town. 

"Wait what? Why?" He asked. 

"Chris just do it." Chris already knew why she wanted him to call them. It was just calling them meant they would be letting out the secrete. And that was scary. But I guess there is a time for everything. 

"Fine. Let's call them up."