Chapter 10.

Scarlett was still a bit shaken up by what had happened. She had her eyes closed and her head on the back of the car seat. The memory kept replaying its self in her mind. She remembered just walking then almost being shoved to the ground.  It was honestly a very scary thing to go through.  Her heart was still racing like crazy. 

Jeremy noticed the look on Scarlett's face first and asked her if she was okay. She, however, was still in deep thought and didn't hear him. Chris put his hand on hers and she opened her eyes. 
"what?" She asked everyone could tell that she was pretty scared by the sound of her voice. 

"Scar, are you okay?" Chris asked gently. Scarlett didn't even know if she was okay so she shrugged her shoulders. 

"Would you like us to go back to set and eat there?" Hemsworth asked her softly. The boys were all so caring when it came to Scarlett. She was like their younger sister. So they all had a certain love for Scarlett, even if Chris's love was a bit more romantic. 

To answer the question at hand Scarlett shook her head no, closing her eyes once again. 
"I don't want to go back there." She spoke in barely a whisper. Hemsworth nodded his head and urged the drive to keep going. Chris who was sitting beside Scarlett felt a weight on his shoulder. He looked down to see that Scarlett had placed her head down. 
"Thank you." She said. "for sticking up for me." 

"you don't have to thank me. People shouldn't treat you like that." Chris replied. "you are a human being, not some toy they can take photos of whenever they like. You are worth much more." You are worth much more to me. Chris added in his head. Scarlett smiled at his words. After placing her head down she felt such a sense of protection. something she only longed to feel. She was so thankful to have him by her side. 

:
:
:
:
The next day

Nikki and Ava arrived in sunny Las Angles with a smile. They stepped off the bus and looked around. They looked at all the people rushing around trying to get on tour buses and taking pictures of the Hollywood sign. 

They ended up on Hollywood Boulevard and there were a lot of people. Nikki tried guiding Ava to the least crowded part of the street which was more toward the end. She took out the piece of paper with the address on it and her phone trying to find the address. 

"Take a tour to the home of Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi!" A tour guide yelled driving up and down the street. 

"Come on you super girls. Come to take a photo with me!" A man dresses as Superman said but Ava shook her head. She was a bit overwhelmed by all of this and although it may be boring she suddenly missed the quietness of their home.

"Nik can you please hurry it up. I wanna leave this place it is giving me anxiety." She said. Nikki looked up from her phone and nodded her head. She got the address of the house and showed it to Ava. 

"Rich much? Isn't that where rich people live?" Nikki asked her best friend. 

"how would I know? We are only 12. Why would I know where famous people live?" Ava asked. "which reminds me tomorrow is your birthday. How does it feel to almost be thirteen?" 

"well, it's interesting. You know last week I had this idea for my birthday party. Everyone was supposed to come. it would be amazing. And now I am Las Angles looking for my parents. life has certainly taken its toll  on me." She laughed. Those simpler days seemed so far away now. 

"Look at it this way." Ava said trying her best to make her bestie happy. "no other girl in our class ran away from home, taking their best friend with them, to chase after an address you birth parents may or may not live at." 

"Oh great. at least I have a story to tell." Nikki laughed and shook her head. "Come on let's get going, it's going to be a long walk." 

"Can't we take another bus?" Ava asked. 

"And watch you almost get sick again? Yeah, I am good." Nikki said. "besides we need to save our money for dinner. Now come on let's go." 

:
:
:
:
:

Later that day after filming ended Chris took Scarlett to her house. It was about four in the afternoon filming had ended rather early today. She was still a bit shaken up and asked for Chris to take her home. She had her head on the cold window trying to process her day.  Papparrazi were a big problem and she didn't really understand why this one had shaken her up so much. 

"are you okay?" Chris asked gently. Scarlett looked up at Chris and realized he had pulled up to her house. She shook her head. 

"Sorry I spaced out." She said and rubbed her head. 

"well I guess I will see you tomorrow then?" he asked. But Scarlett didn't want to be alone and she didn't want Chris to leave her. 

"do you have something to do today?" she asked and Chris responded by shaking his head no he asked her why. "If it isn't too much to ask can you stay with me today? We can look for Nik we can have dinner. I just don't wanna be alone. " He said frowning.  Chris put his hand onto her hand. 

"yeah. I think I may have an idea on how to find her." Chris told her. She nodded and the two walked into her house. "do you still have the papers that we signed giving her up." Chris asked after they put all their stuff down. 

"I think they are in my closet." Scarlett said closing her eyes to think about it. "oh I remember I put them in this pink box It should be at the way back of my closet."    Scarlett said and Chris raised an eyebrow. 

"are you saying you want me to go get it?" He asked raising an eyebrow.  

"Yeah. you are such a gentleman." Scarlett said. Chris laughed and went upstairs to get the box. Scarlett stayed downstairs and was clearing her table for them when the doorbell rang. She was confused because she had a gate but went to go see who it was. 

:
:
:
:

 Ava and Nikki had been walking for a long time uphill. They were both on the verge of falling on the floor to die. Ava was breathing rather hard and constantly asking Nikki if they could stop. Nikki was too concentrated on the nervousness that swirled around in her. 

If this really was the address of her mother than she was about to meet the people who gave her life. It was something she never thought would happen. All the lies she has been told would be thrown out the window. It was her time to find out who she was. 

"Nikki. We are here."  Ava said in a cheerful voice. Now they could finally relax and just as she was about to sit down Nikki pressed the button on the gate. "wait what are you doing?" She asked and Nikki looked confused. 

"what do you mean." Nikki asked. "this is what we came here for." she said. It was too late to turn back now. 

"Do you even know what you are gonna say?" She asked. "are you gonna walk up to them and be like 'hi I am the daughter you gave up a few years ago." She said. Nikki thought about it but just ended up shrugging her shoulders. They watched waiting for the gate to open but nothing happened.

"well, maybe they aren't home," Ava said but Nikki shook her head no. 

"no, if that was the case the car wouldn't be there." She looked around a then noticed that the gate was bent a little. "Come with me. "She said and slipped through the fence. Ava stood there unsure.  Not waiting for her friend Nikki walked up to the door.  She looked down at the paper and took a deep breath. This was it the moment she has been waiting for. She was gonna meet her mother. Nervously she reached out and pressed the doorbell. this was it.