Chapter 18

Ava was leaving, he aunt who lives in Las Angles was instructed by her parents who were on their way to pick Ava up. But that's not what upset the girls most. The tears were real and there was no chance on them stopping for a while. 

"They can't do that," Nicole said wiping her eyes with the tissue she had in her hands. 

"They think you are a bad influence and think that we would benefit from time apart," Ava said staring at the wall. Nicole was her only friend, she didn't talk to anyone else. 

"That's bullshit. I have been your friends since forever. Why is it when I really need you they wanna take you away from me." Nicole said. "It isn't fair. it won't benefit anyone but them." She said tears in her eyes. 

"Nic, what are we gonna do?" She asked. Nicole didn't know. Her parents would surely keep her away from Ava for a while as well. In fact, her parents drove in tomorrow. They had taken a longer trip because Brett, Nicole's father, thought that Jasmine needed to calm down before seeing Nicole. 

"I don't know," Nicole muttered. Ava stood up and walked over to her friend wrapping her arms around her. "Don't leave me," Nicole said. And at that point, Scarlett knocked on the guest room's door with a sad frown on her face. 

"Ava your aunt is here." She said. Ava looked at Nicole broken and said. 

"Don't forget about me?" She asked sadly. 

"Never." She said. The two girls took a moment to embrace before Scarlett coughed. Ava's aunt didn't seem like the most patient person in the world. "Goodbye, Nic.....aren't you gonna say goodbye?" She asked sadly. Nicole shook her head no. 

"If I say goodbye I am admitting defeat. And I won't do that." She said. "I won't say goodbye to my best friend." Ava gave her a small sad smile before picking up her backpack and heading out. The girls couldn't look at each other for the fear of breaking down once more. 

Scarlett walked with Ava downstairs. They were silent and before reaching the door Ava turned to Scarlett. "Thank you for letting us stay here." She said politely. "It means so much more to me that you took Nicole in. I just wanna ask that you don't hurt her. She was so excited to meet you." 

"I will try. I am trying." Scarlett said to the young girl. 

"Thank you for introducing her to your family. Even if the only person who actually spoke to her was Vanessa. It meant a lot to her." Ava said. "I know it did." 

"Well, it was the right thing to do. And maybe we can get the other to say something before she......before she leaves." She said sadly. She didn't want Nicole to leave. But she didn't have custody. 

"that's great. But a word of advice. Focus on Chris. He needs to talk to her." She said before turning away and walking to the door to leave with her aunt. Scarlett stood there confused. Was Chris really still acting like that? She thought they had a conversation. 

Jasmine was staring off at the water. They had to take another pit stop, to which she was not happy about at all. They had taken at least twenty wrong turns and almost ten pit stops every 30 minutes. They were getting nowhere fast. 

"Are you guys stalling?" Jasmine asked turning to her family, who were pretending to be looking at a mad. But really Brett was telling his kids to ask for more pitstops. 

"No mother we are not," Eric said offended. "Why would we do that?" 

"I don't know. But I want to know why you are making us take way longer then we should be to get there. We have been driving way too long. We should have been there two hours ago!" Complained Jasmine.