Chapter 7.

Nikki walked back home in silence. She was no in one of her moods where she was determined to get information. She wasn't going to let anything stop her, they didn't have the right in her mind. They were her birth parents she should at least get the ability to know who they were.

She walked into her house that was filled with the usual sound of her older sister gossiping on the phone, her brother screaming because he died in one of his stupid games, her father whistling as he cleaned, and her mother cooking in the kitchen.

She placed her backpack on the floor and kicked her shoes off. She took the fake ancestry paper out of her backpack, that her and Ava created at lunch. She grabbed a pencil and walked into the kitchen.

She was a bit nervous to say the very least. For one part because she hadn't spoke to her parents since they spoke to her. She didn't even know if she was still calling them her parents. everything felt awkward. She was past angry now she was confused looking for answers. She looked around the house she used to call home. it all seemed so foeign.

She walked into the kitchen and her mother smiled at her.
"Hey." She spoke not really knowing how to start the conversation. She hurt knowing she couldn't even speak to her own daughter anymore. She had all these memories she had with Nikki. Even if she wasn't blood she was still her daughter. And she has known that since day one.

12 years ago.

Jasmine and Brett Jones had two kids. Two wonderful children a boy and a girl. They were the light of there lives. But one thing was sure, even if they babies brought immense happiness was brought to the family something seemed like it was missing.

One date night James and Brett found themselves speaking about their thoughts on a whole new member to the family.
"Brett, i wanna have another baby." Jasmine found herself saying.

"a baby? we have two." Brett said taking a sip of his wine.

"i know. i love them both to death but i don't know why i have this small empty feeling in my stomach that doesn't seem to go away." She spoke as if she was losing her breath. Brett put his hand on hers.

"you know i would damn well love to have a baby with you. But after Mason's birth two years ago you know how dangerous it is." Mason;s birth was not the most easy. He had many complications and almost didn't make it.

"then let's adopt." She said. Brett looked unsure but looking at the look in her eyes he knew she was serious about this.

"Jasmine that's a big decision. But if this is something you think will complete our family i don't mind looking into it. " Brett said rubbing his wife's hand with his thumb. Jasmine smiled and thank him.

Two weeks later

The couple had been talking with each other and family members. They were trying to decide weather or not it was best for their family. But one day when everyone was in the middle of doubt Jasmine suggested they go visit a orphanage so they could see what exactly they are deciding.

Brett and Jasmine walked hand and hand to the small building in Las Angles. They heard the small chit chat of little children. Brett noticed the smile on his wife's face. He knew she really wanted this.

"Hello, I am Ms. Lee i am one of the care takers at this home." A older woman who looked very friendly came up to them. "how can i help you?" She asked.

"Hi, we were actually looking into adopting and we wanted to see what the process would be like." Jasmine smiled. Nodding her head Ms.Lee picked up a small page from her desk.