Chapter 36

To say that the couple was panicked was probably not enough to describe exactly how they were feeling. From the moment their eyes laid on the, now trending, photo they were filled with nothing but panic. 

Scarlett didn't have the words to describe how she was feeling, and Chris was feeling rather guilty. They were only just beginning to move on with their lives. Getting in a good place with Nicole, but this, for some reason made them believe it was a setback. 

"What are we gonna do?" Scarlett finally let out. "We weren't ready for this." 

"We could lie about it, say she is my niece." Chris offered as a possible solution. 

"Chris, you have talked about all your nieces and nephews on tv before, someone's gonna wonder who Nicole's parents actually are," Scarlett said. 

"Well, maybe she is like a cousin or something." Chris tried once again. 

"Do you understand what's gonna happen when we actually do reveal it to the world? Everyone is gonna be so mad at you in many different ways for hiding her like that. Not to mention all the hate we both will get for our hook up then letting our child go." Scarlett said. 

"Why would be people hate us for giving our child her best chance?" Chris asked, causing Scarlett to groan in annoyance. 

"Chris people have their own image of what the system is like. Movies portray it as a certain way and in some cases, it is that way." Scarlett explained. "So not too many people will be sharing our joy, especially after we just took her in when we were good and ready." 

"You're making it sound really bad," Chris said. 

"I am just showing you what the world is gonna think when the full story comes out Chris." She grabbed his hands and sighed. "I am sorry, I am just very stressed." 

"How is Nicole going to take this? It's all over social media which means it's probably going around her school. She can't go to school like this." 

"well she already had her last day of school, but going out in public might be hard-" Scarlett was stopped when Chris's phone started to ring, her face turned pale white.  "oh no, it's your publicist." 

"What? Oh man, I'm in trouble." 

"oh no, do you think he knows?" Scarlett asked now panicking herself. 

"Scarlett, why are you so nervous? No one knows about you! It's all about me!" Scarlett thought for a moment before realizing that it was true, no one knew of Scarlett's involvement yet, which means things were only going to get messier. 

"You're right." She said. "Hurry up and answer your phone before Nick gets suspicious." Chris nodded stumbling to get his phone before answering it. 

"Nick hey!" he said faking his excitement on the phone. 

"Chris. Do you understand that I woke up this morning have a normally peaceful day? I woke up with a smile actually. I had a wonderful lunch and even better dinner. My day was almost over, then it happens. My phone is starting to go crazy with people reaching out for a statement trying to get you on a show, and I couldn't understand why." 

"Well people are certainly very weird, who knows why they do the things they do." He said hoping to calm his very tense publicist. 

"Chris. Do you mind telling me why people are asking for a comment the alleged rumors that you are either A, a pedophile, and god I hope that's not true, or B a super-secret father." Nick asked very slow and stead.