#LoveYourDepression

Hey guys. I know I said I'd never post more on this book...

I half-lied. This isn't a poem, but it's a request. If you haven't heard, @khushisoni1248 started a small project called #LoveYourDepression. It's a collaboration of people coming together who have one common struggle: depression (or any other similar mental health condition.) 

They want to get people together to be able to support each other, because the people who can help others the most are the ones that have been through the same thing. 

@khushisoni1248 is asking the people who want to get involved to send art (and unique Letters to Life––ones similar to the letters in her book with the same title) to the email address letterstolife1@gmail.com. 

If you're interested, that's where you can send poems and art dealing with the theme #LoveYourDepression. 

I suffer from depression, too, believe it or not. I've been suicidal, self-harming, you name it. But I went to art and poetry and music this time instead, and I had no regrets. I still don't. Writing helps me to vent and clear my head so that I can fight another battle of life the next day.

I don't know for sure if this is the gist, but for me, it's not loving my depression, it's beating it. I want to be able to fight it and win sometimes, if not all the time. I want to be able to see the beautiful in life without worrying about depression. Maybe that's the point; I don't know. 

It's not up to me to ponder the meaning of life, or even this small project. But if you're interested, please contribute. It really can help give people hope when they're struggling.

Pick up your sword, love. Everyone's tired of fighting, I know,

But the battle can be won if you fight another day. 

And soon, the victim will be the victor,

Because you will win. 

I promise. 

Love, Beau_Ciel