Chapter 1

A couple of young boys were playing in the park. They had found small tree branches and were trying to fashion them into slingshots. Placed on the ground were rows and pyramids of empty cans, creating a makeshift shooting range.

A mother and her daughter entered the park, and the young girl immediately took notice of the group of boys.

Noticing the girl, a young boy with dark, green hair called out "Aya-chan, come play with us!" Another boy with spiky, ash blond hair scowled at him. "What are you doing, Deku!? That's a girl! She can't play with us!"

The brown-haired girl walked over and asked, "Why can't I play just because I'm a girl?" The boy scoffed in response, "Don't you girls play with dolls and stuff? We're making slingshots and shooting at those cans! You wouldn't know anything about this!"

The boy who first called her over tried to defend her. "Kacchan! Don't be mean! Aya-chan knows how to make lots of stuff! Her dad's a mechanic!" He swerved his head to where the girl was standing for confirmation, only to be met with an empty space. "Eh?"

He searched for her and the girl was already talking to her mother. The green-haired boy frowned, a little upset that he wouldn't be able to play with his friend. The blond-haired boy laughed in triumph. "Ha! Told you so! Girls only play with frilly things!" He went back to trying to fix the rubber band onto the tree branch to make the slingshot, becoming frustrated because he was unable to.

His focus was soon interrupted when the young girl walked back over. "What do you want now!?" She ignored him, picking up a fallen tree branch that was vaguely in the shape of a 'Y'.

She took the two thin, elastic hair ties she asked her mother for and broke them using her teeth. Having been broken, she used them like strings. She took one and tied it to one part of the tree branch, and she did the same for the other hair tie on the other side. She then took out a handkerchief and ripped a square piece of it off. She ripped two holes into the piece, on the left and right sides. She took the untied ends of the hair ties and pulled them through each of the holes of the handkerchief, then tied a knot so that they wouldn't fall back out, creating the 'pocket' of the slingshot. Her creation was complete.

She took a pebble from the ground, placed it into the handkerchief pocket, pulled back, and took aim. When she released her grip, the pebble flew straight into the middle can of the bottom row of the pyramid, knocking all of them down.

The small group of boys were watching in silence throughout the whole process, and they now looked at her in awe. "WOOOOOAAAHHH! That was amazing! You got 'em all in one shot!"

They crowded around her, asking questions of what she did to make the slingshot since they were all having trouble finding a way to make the 'sling' portion of the weapon. They also didn't even consider making the pocket portion for the projectiles, so they were amazed at that as well.

The young Midoriya looked back at Bakugou, the only one who didn't run and crowd the young girl. "See, Kacchan? I told you Aya-chan is good at making stuff!" The blond glared at him, causing him to immediately close his mouth.

He was angry and absurdly so. Not only was this nerd right, but he was also bested by someone else - a girl even! He marched over to her and snatched the slingshot right from her hands as she was explaining its mechanics. He took aim at the other pyramid of cans and was able to knock them all down just like she did. Feeling proud of his accomplishment, he placed both hands on his hips.

"Wow! That's amazing, Bakugou! You got 'em all in one shot too!" The boys were now crowded around the blond.

Looking over at the girl, he expected to see her crying. Girls usually did when he stole their toys or whenever he beat them at something. He was surprised, however, when all she did was look at the fallen pyramid in awe.

This boy was able to use her slingshot with ease and did it perfectly! He even did this all without even knowing how to make a proper slingshot. "Wow..." She breathed out. She turned to him and smiled slightly. "You're really good!"

She hadn't shown any emotion up until this point. He was shocked when she said this with a smile. He even blushed a little. Quickly recovering, he rubbed the area under his nose with his index finger and smirked. "Of course I am! I'm gonna become the number one hero someday!"

Before the girl could respond, a loud voice was heard. "Hey, brat! It's time to go home!" The blond boy grumbled and started picking up his belongings.

The girl's own mother came to fetch her as well. "Sorry, sweetie! I just got a call from your father, and he's going to be home early today!" The older woman noticed the slingshot, particularly the parts used to make it. She gave the little girl a reproachful look, knowing exactly where those parts came from.

The girl looked down in shame and apologized, "Sorry, mama..." The mother sighed and smiled. She couldn't stay mad for long. "Goodness! You and your father are exactly alike. You two will pick apart and put together anything if it satisfies your creative minds!" The mother laughed and held her daughter's hand.

As they were leaving, the girl and green-haired boy waved to each other. "Goodbye, Izu-kun!" He responded, "Bye-bye, Aya-chan! Let's play again tomorrow!" She nodded her head and then turned to look at the blond boy with his mother.

She called out to him, making him turn around with an irritated look on his face. "My name is Sasaki Ayano. What's yours?" The boy remained silent, refusing to answer her. He was nudged by his mother as she said, "She's asking for your name, brat!" He turned his head away in defiance, still remaining silent.

The girl was completely unfazed. She continued, "If you'll be the number one hero someday, I want to know your name!" The boy's eyes widened and he turned back to her. He gave a toothy grin.

"I'm Bakugou Katsuki! You better remember it!"