Chapter 35

"No...No!!! Why is she here?!??"

He was slightly sweating from before, but now he was full-on sweating.

Right there before his eyes was Sasaki Ayano.

Wait...was that really Ayano? He could just barely make out her features through all the blood and grime.

His eyes darted all over her figure, travelling from her blackened and bruised legs to her rope-burned neck. To the scars and burns winding all around her legs and arms. To her tattered uniform covered in dry blood. To her equally bloody wrists behind her back. To her misshapen, broken nose. To her cracked lips.

To the shocked, blood-shot eyes watching him.

Never before had he felt such rage brewing within him. He was barely even thinking straight, twitching when Shigaraki spoke again. "Maybe this will change your mind?"

Dabi was holding a fistful of Ayano's hair, forcefully pulling on it to lift her head. Shigaraki walked closer to the two as he spoke. "The press hasn't even realized that she's gone missing for a week now. The U.A. press conference...they're not addressing it either."

He turned to Bakugou. "Don't you think that's messed up? Another one of their students is missing during this critical time and they're not even doing anything about it? I guess if it's not about one of their precious, budding heroes, then they don't care."

His laughter grated Bakugou's ears. "And she has so much talent too. It's such a waste. If only she had a quirk. They and society threw her away without even giving her a chance." Shigaraki knelt down to the floor, his hand grasping her chin, only four fingers touching skin. "But we, the League of Villains, recognizes her talent. We've taken her in. We won't abandon people like her...not like the heroes would. You see how U.A, the heroes, have treated her? Maybe you'll change your mind about joining us."

"...of her..." Shigaraki just barely caught the end of the boy's sentence. He titled his head in question. "What was that?" He asked.

"Get your filthy hands off of her before I blow you all to hell."

The entire room stilled at his words. His eyes burned with a ferociousness that was infinitely greater than what any of them had seen from him at the Sports Festival.

His quirk was popping all over the palms of his hands, growing louder and more frequent as the seconds passed with some of the villains growing nervous.

Before any of them could respond, Shigaraki yelped in pain. Ayano had bit his fingers, chomping hard enough to draw blood before getting her head smashed into the floor by Dabi.

Bakugou gave one of his maniacal smirks, fully bearing his teeth. He nearly laughed when he saw her clear defiance, but grew even angrier at seeing her hurt in front of him.

"Just so you know...Technically, I've still got permission to fight back!!" He shouted, fully intent on using that privilege.

A villain, masked and dressed formally, exasperatedly asked, "If that's your attitude, and if you care about her this much, then why not just pretend that we'd won you over? I don't understand."

"If I'm not feeling something, I ain't gonna lie about it. I'm not in the mood to hang around this boring dump for much longer, and I'm taking her with me." Bakugou responded, raising his hands to prepare for a fight.

The villains and Bakugou continued to have a back-and-forth squabble before being interrupted by a knock and a steady voice. "Hello. Kamino Pizza delivery."

The brick wall was completely smashed through by All Might, Ayano trying her best to roll away from the trajectory of the debris but found it quite difficult in her current condition.