Chapter 18

All Might burst into the nurse's room. "Recovery Girl! How is Young Midoriya's condition!? Wha—Young Sasaki!!!" His last words were muffled with large poofs of smoke. As the smoke dispersed, his true form was revealed, coughing and blood spilling from his mouth.

"..............." The number one hero didn't dare to move a muscle. Recovery Girl sighed in annoyance, mentally admonishing him for his carelessness. Ayano simply stared at the new figure in front of her. Her face was still perfectly impassive, but she was no less surprised. It seemed like there were many more things that Midoriya was keeping secret.

After silently staring at the skinny man for a few more moments, Ayano returned her gaze to her unconscious friend. "Y-Young Sasaki, I can explain..." "There is no need. I have made my observations during the battle training. It became rather obvious after all of that."

Before he could delve into details, Ayano continued for him. "This was something that he did not share with his own mother, or even me. Clearly, it is not something meant for me or others to know. If you wish to clarify things for me, you may but again, there is no need." The man sighed in relief.

"Thank you, Young Sasa—" "However! I do have some words for you." She finally returned to looking at him. This time with a glare, causing him to gulp. "By not stopping the exercise when I and other students warned you, Izuku suffered severe damage, as did the training grounds. As a teacher, and even as an adult, this was a highly reckless and foolish act. Given your relation to him and your inexperience as a teacher, I am willing to let this be. Please do not let it happen again."

"O-Okay...You have my word." He put his hand over his heart to reinforce his sincerity. He was constantly being reminded of how hard it was to be a teacher.

Ayano gently brushed some of Midoriya's messy hair out of his face. She got up and slung her bag over her shoulder, preparing to leave. "Sasaki! You're not staying?" All Might asked. She simply shook her head, continuing to walk out. "It does not seem like he will wake up anytime soon, and I am sure that you have your own things to discuss in private. I also have someone I need to speak with." She gave a deep bow. "I apologize for any disrespect that I have shown towards you. I leave him in you care." She finished as she slid the door closed.

The brown-haired girl walked towards the Development Studio with a heavy heart. As she walked through the doors, she was met with her frowning homeroom teacher. "Sasaki, kiddo...Are you sure you want to go through with this? I know that Bakugou kid is a bit of a firecracker, but this is a pretty serious affair."

She looked him dead in the eye, simply taking the papers from his hands. "Firecracker would be a severe understatement. I have already made my decision. Please do not waste time trying to persuade me to do otherwise." She declared as she stuffed the stack of papers into her bag. Junk Master sighed, relenting.

As she left, Power Loader turned to his colleague. "You sure that was a good idea?" Junk Master continued to stare at the closed door. He smirked and looked at the man over his shoulder. "Yeah, those kids will be alright. That boy knows what he did." He pointed at his eyes. "And did you see Sasaki's eyes? She's got a good poker face for sure, but her eyes told a different story there. She won't go through with it."

Power Loader shrugged. "Whatever you say. It's your student."

Ayano stood waiting outside the gates, hoping to cross paths with a certain ash blond. She heard footsteps and was just about to stand away from the pillars when she heard a familiar voice. "Kacchan!!!" It appeared that Midoriya awoke much earlier than she had anticipated.

The girl quickly pressed her back against the pillar again, hiding herself completely. "I can't say much, but you should know this at least! I got my quirk from someone else." Her eyes widened.