Chapter 49

"They got in a fight?!?"

"House arrest!!?"

The rest of Class 1-A were preparing to leave for the opening ceremony when they came across the three childhood friends cleaning the lounge. "Eeeeh!? Even Aya-chan fought?!" Mina asked in disbelief.

"Apparently, she saw the both of them walking out but didn't tell any of the teachers, so she got punished too." Jiro answered.

They all left for the opening ceremony after the whole commotion, leaving the three childhood friends in a somewhat awkward silence.

Midoriya was the first to break it. "So...my shoot style...what'd you think of it?" He asked Bakugou hesitantly.

The blond didn't respond for quite a while, leaving Midoriya with just the sounds of the whirring vacuums. The green-haired boy furrowed his brows, beginning to think that they wouldn't be able to make up even after all that happened last night.

"Your wind-up motions are too big." Bakugou finally responded, momentarily stunning the boy. "Even though you got faster, I still managed to react in time. It's not well suited for a slugfest."

Midoriya turned around, but Bakugou's back was still facing him. The blond continued. "When you added punches to the mix...That really pissed me off."

Midoriya smiled. "Got it!"

Ayano looked on at her two childhood friends, gently smiling at the development. Midoriya turned to her, excitement and expectation in his eyes.

"I agree with Katsuki. Although, it is much easier for me to say that from a third-person view, so my comments may seem trite." She explained.

The boy frantically shook his head. "No, no! I completely trust you, Aya-chan! I'll take any advice I can get! Thanks!"

She nodded. "Then, I have a question for you." For some reason, the blank stare from her was a little bit different than usual, making Midoriya feel uneasy. "I noticed that since you have taken a different approach to your fighting style, you appear to have made adjustments to your costume."

She took slow, calculated steps toward the boy. He unconsciously took steps back to put distance between them, the anxiety growing in him. "I would like to ask why you did not come to me for improvements on your costume. Or rather, why you went to Mei instead."

"I know full well how incredible Mei is. Her talent is undeniable, but I also have confidence in my work. Do you find my support items unsatisfactory in any way? Is there something I can improve on? Why did you feel the need to go to Mei? Just why is it that you never once spoke with me about your costume?" Ayano bombarded him, nearly towering over him.

"A-Ah! I-It's not that, Aya-chan! I just thought..." He hesitated a bit, glancing at Bakugou who was observing their interaction. "I just thought maybe you had a lot to handle with...you know...working on Kacchan's costume and all. You guys are d-dating now, after all. You were also going through a lot lately, and I didn't want to unintentionally trigger anything by asking you and stuff..." He trailed off, the worry and unease evident in his voice as he looked down at his feet.

Ayano tilted her head and blinked. "I see. In that case, I appreciate your concern but there is no need for it. I have made a complete recovery."

The boy smiled up at his friend, immensely relieved to hear that. "Although..." He flinched at her voice.

"As for your concerns about my relationship with Katsuki...I may be dating him now but that does not mean I forget about my friends. It does not mean I make support items exclusively for him. You will make a fine hero one day, Izuku, and I would be honored to help in that process." She ended her last statement with a small smile.