Chapter 41

"I'll be your hero!!!"

.

.

.

Two small children were walking down the street. One with ash blond hair and another with coffee brown hair. The young, brown-haired girl was fiddling with some sort of gadget in her hands as she walked. The ash blond boy stealing glances at her from time to time.

His attention soon shifted to the window of an electronics store. A television was on display and its screen showed an ever rising All Might facing off against four villains. The young boy quickly ran up to the store window, his eyes lighting up. The girl followed him, her eyes also watching the screen, but with much less excitement and more curiosity.

"Man, All Might's so cool! Look! You seen this one? All Might's totally the coolest! It's four-on-one! No way he can win, right?! But look! There! Dodge! Punch! Then feint...See! He won!" The boy exclaimed, his hands and body moving about to match his words.

"No matter how bad it looks, he always wins in the end! He's definitely the most amazing hero!" His body kept bouncing from excitement, his eyes never leaving the screen.

The girl beside him hummed in thought. "...I guess he is..." Her hesitant voice did not escape the boy's attention.

"What's that supposed to mean?!" He demanded, as if he were getting offended on the behalf of the aforementioned hero.

"Nothing, really!" The girl waved her hands about, worried that she may have upset her friend. "I'm sure he has to be the most amazing hero since he's number one..."

She paused, unsure if further explanation would make him angrier. "...I just don't admire him as much as you do, Kacchan. That's all."

The boy frowned and his brows furrowed. "Why not? You just said he's the most amazing hero!"

"He is! But everyone thinks that! Just because he's the most amazing doesn't mean he's my favorite." She explained.

Bakugou's face grew even more confused. Upon seeing his expression, Ayano began fidgeting. "I think the heroes from our district are better than All Might..."

She quickly continued before Bakugou could interrupt her. "Not because I think they're stronger! All Might is definitely the strongest! I just like them more because they're closer to us, you know? If we were ever in danger, it wouldn't be All Might coming to save us. He's too far! It would be the heroes right here!"

"All Might is everyone's hero, not just ours. With the local heroes, it feels like they're our heroes because they're so much closer to us. That's why I like them more.

Ayano fidgeted even more under Bakugou's piercing gaze. He was contemplating her words. He could sort of understand her reasoning, but All Might was still the coolest! Even if he wasn't close to them.

"Then...who's your favorite hero then?" He asked. Ayano looked up in thought. "I don't think I have one yet."

"Huh?! You can't say all that and then not have a favorite hero!!!" The blond shouted at her. She smiled sheepishly, completely understanding the inconsistency in her logic. "Well, it's not like I've ever actually met one of the heroes from around here. I'm sure that if I ever get to, they'd become my personal number one hero."

For some reason, Bakugou didn't like the sound of that. Hearing that she didn't like All Might the most was one thing, but this was another. He was upset, but it wasn't for the same reasons. Hearing that someone else would become her number one hero rubbed him the wrong way for reasons he couldn't explain.