Chapter 33

Back to the First Day of Summer Break

Ayano groaned, finally waking. There was a piercing ache in her head, a sharp ringing accompanying it.

She reached to touch the spot of pain, feeling a warm liquid as well as a thin layer of crust. The wound on her head was still bleeding but the initial blood had already dried as it dripped down the side of her face.

She examined the rest of her body for injuries. Feeling a soreness around her torso, she tried lifting her shirt. She gasped in pain, having immense difficulty moving so much.

Eventually, she was able to ever-so-slowly lift her shirt to see the damage. The entire right side of her torso had been blotched with bruises, her skin exhibiting a deep purple tone. There were splashes of red here and there.

She let her shirt drift back down. There was definitely a broken rib or two. Probably some internal bleeding as well.

Luckily, her fingers were mostly unharmed. She sighed with relief. Despite what they had been through, she valued her hands much like a surgeon would. They were nearly everything to an inventor like her.

Aside from some other large cuts and bruises around her body, it seemed like her torso held the greatest extent of damage. Although, it was growing more and more difficult staying conscious with the constant pain and excessive blood loss.

There was no time for weakness though. She was attacked by the League of Villains while in the Development Studio of U.A. and taken to an unknown location. She needed to analyze her surroundings to figure out where she could possibly be. And what of Fujiyoshi Yuudai? He had left the studio just before the villains arrived.

Ayano slowly shifted her head around, taking great care in trying not to agitate her wounds. She seemed to be in some type of warehouse, technology and metals surrounding her. Large pipes crawled along the walls and ceilings, big bins littered the floor, and the sounds of whirring machines echoed.

Sensing someone's presence, she swiveled her head to see them, wincing from her head wound.

"Ohhh, you're awake. Good. I didn't want to wait any longer for you."

Ayano recognized him as the hooded man from the mall. The leader of the League of Villains. Shigaraki Tomura.

He was followed by a few other villains, the only recognizable one being the one with the warping powers. Ayano made a quick mental note of the faces of the unfamiliar villains. Some were not the same ones who came to attack her at U.A.

"Now, now. There's no need for that." Shigaraki said in response to her glaring. He treated her like a child yet, he spoke like one. She disobeyed him.

"Stop that. I really don't like that look." His tone getting a little darker.

"Where is Fujiyoshi Yuudai?" She demanded, her glare intensifying.

Shigaraki backpedaled at that. "Heh, what are you, a hero? Why don't you worry about yourself first!" He lunged at her, his hand wrapping around her neck with only four fingers touching skin.

Ayano hadn't even flinched, her glare never diminishing. Shigaraki clicked his tongue, completely dissatisfied with her reaction. "Che...You're no fun."

"If you wanted to kill me, you would have done so much sooner." She explained.

Shigaraki clicked his tongue again. "Well, you're right about that, but people should still get at least a little scared. It's no fun when they don't."

Ayano was beginning to wonder if that blood lust and conviction she saw at the mall was just fleeting. Was he doing this just for sport? How ridiculous.