Chapter 11

"My, it's amazing that both of our kids will be in the same school even for high school!" Sasaki Asuka exclaimed as the Sasaki family entered the Bakugou household. The Bakugou family welcomed them with smiles – all except for the youngest, that is.

Bakugou Mitsuki answered her friend with equal enthusiasm. "I'm happy about it, but I'm sure your little Ayano is probably upset that she has to see my son's ugly mug for another three years!" "Shut up, you old hag!!" "Don't talk to your mother that way! And greet our guests when they come in, you brat!!!"

The fathers, Sasaki Kaito and Bakugou Masaru, greeted each other on the side with a simple nod of their heads. "Masaru." "K-Kaito." Along with their wives, the two had been friends and neighbors for years, but Kaito's incredibly stoic nature and imposing aura still intimidated Masaru.

After a good slap to her son's head, Mitsuki continued. "Hopefully my brat of a son doesn't cause you too much trouble, Aya-chan! If only I had a daughter as good as you!" Asuka giggled behind her hand. "Oh, it's not like Ayano doesn't give me trouble. Her and her father, both! They'll tear apart the whole house for their own amusement." The woman looked at the father-daughter pair, but the two immediately looked away to avoid her eyes.

Mitsuki gave a hearty laugh. "At least she can put it back together! Katsuki will just blow the house up and that would be it." The boy glared at his mother, causing her to smack his head again. "Anyways, our families haven't gotten together in a while so I thought our kids' acceptance into U.A. was a good enough reason to eat dinner together."

The two families began to eat a grand, home-cooked meal. The parents conversed as they always would, but it was the children that seemed off. Ayano just moved her chopsticks back and forth from the plate and to her mouth, her mind on other things such as her inventions. Katsuki, on the other hand, was staring at her – or rather, glaring.

The two hadn't interacted much since the entrance exam, save for one small encounter.

"How wonderful that three of our students have made it into U.A.! Especially you, Midoriya! That's a miracle we never expected. And you're also a surprise, Sasaki! I still remember that earful you gave me about absolutely not going to U.A." Ayano just looked to the side with disinterest. "I wouldn't call my words 'absolute'..."

Later, Bakugou pulled Midoriya to the side out back although Ayano was hot on their trail, hiding behind the wall. "What dirty tricks did you use to do it, you quirkless twerp!??!" He continued to throw some choice words at the boy and tried to intimidate him into giving it up.

Midoriya, for the first time in a while, truly stood up to Bakugou. "Kacchan! I earned this!" Ayano smiled and then intervened, having heard all that she wanted. "Ahem!" She coughed, revealing herself to the two boys and causing Bakugou to let go of Midoriya's collar.

At his release, Midoriya scrambled away and followed Ayano back inside. He continued forward but Ayano stayed back for a few moments, looking at Bakugou with disdain. He glared back at her with a bit of surprise, not used to seeing this look on her. She had scolded him before, but she had never been this disappointed in him.

"He's not the same 'Deku' that you can push around anymore..." With that, she left him alone.

Katsuki clenched his fork and proceeded to stab at his food as if he were a psychopath repeatedly plunging a knife into his victim.

She took his side again. She always takes his side!

After they finished dinner, the two families split up into male and female sides like they always would – or rather, like the wives always forced their husbands to. Ayano stayed in the living room with her mother and Mitsuki while Katsuki was shuffled off to the back porch with his father and Kaito.