Chapter 47

All of the girls of Class 1-A were gathered around in the lounge, tuckered out from yet another day of intense training. They were all just relaxing on the couches when Hagakure brought up an interesting topic. "Hey! Hey! Have you guys noticed something...interesting lately?"

Tsuyu turned to her, asking, "Like what, Tooru-chan?" The invisible girl giggled, bouncing slightly in her seat. "You know! Like love in the air!"

The frog-like girl tilted her head and placed a finger on her lip. "You mean between Aya-chan and Bakugou?" Hagakure bounced even more in her seat, unable to contain her excitement. "Yes! Yes! Exactly!"

Jiro furrowed her brows. "I know we all saw them sleeping together on one of the couches, but they haven't really done anything with each other ever since, right? And they both acted like that didn't happen too."

Hagakure gasped. "What do you mean!? Them sleeping together is such a big deal! Besides, maybe they're trying to hide their relationship or something!" Jiro still looked skeptical. "Don't you think you might be looking into it too much? I mean, neither of them seem like the type to get all lovey-dovey or whatever."

Yaoyorozu hummed in thought, putting her chin in her hand. "You may be right about that, but perhaps that's exactly why they would hide it? It's only been a few days, but I feel something between them has changed."

Mina quickly pointed at Yaoyorozu, confirming her thoughts. "I was just thinking the same thing! It's the atmosphere between them! The atmosphere! It's totally different from before!"

Hagakure leaned forward, agreeing. "It definitely is! The aura around them feels so much warmer! And they're not arguing as much as they used to! They've even been getting more physical with each other!"

Jiro smirked, twirling one of her earphone jacks. "Maybe that's just them getting more aggressive." She joked. Mina furiously shook her head. "No way! It's definitely not hostile physicality." Jiro shrugged her shoulders. "Well, it's not like we have any way of knowing for sure. We're not really close with either of them."

Hagakure jumped out of her seat. "We can just ask Aya-chan! It can be an all-girls bonding time!" Mina jumped up with her. "Yeah! We'll go get her now!"

"Wait! I didn't mean—and they're gone..." Jiro's shoulders slumped as she sighed.

In no time at all, the two girls returned, pulling along a mildly puzzled Ayano. The two forced her down into an empty seat. They each eagerly took a seat beside her. "What is this all about?" The inventor asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Oh, nothing! We just thought it'd be nice to get all the girls together! You're not part of 1-A but you still live with us, and we wanted to get to know you better as friends!" Hagakure and Mina both leaned in towards Ayano. "Yeah! Like your hobbies, what you're interested, who you're interested in. Just girl talk, you know!"

The brown-haired girl quickly looked between them as they kept leaning closer to her. "I appreciate the sentiment, but is now really the best time for this?" The two excited girls tilted their heads. "What do you mean?" They asked.

"All of you are training for the Provisional Hero License Exam, yes? I would imagine that training is especially tiring during this period, and assumed that you all would rather be resting." She explained.

Hagakure hugged the girl's side. Perhaps a little too forcefully since they were now heavily leaning towards the other side. In this awkward position, Ayano raised a hand to pat the invisible girl's arm. "Aww, it's sweet of you to think about our health, but we are resting now! Hmm, but now that you mention it...They really weren't kidding when they said they'd compress all the training."