Chapter 45

"...really...here...night?" "...that's...scandalous!!" "...know...they...together!"

Ayano was drifting into consciousness, faintly hearing the murmurs of the Class 1-A students slowly growing louder.

"IF SHE WAKES UP BECAUSE OF YOU EXTRAS, I'LL BLOW YOU ALL TO PIECES!!!"

Now, she was fully awake. "Even if they failed to wake me, your shouting certainly did not help the situation." Ayano sighed.

Bakugou stiffened as she sat up, looking away with a scowl and small blush on his face. He had wanted to let her sleep in longer, not only for her own health but also because he had strangely missed her warmth.

He had looked away out of slight embarrassment, but his eyes couldn't help but shift over to Ayano anyways.

When she sat up, she took the blanket with her and it now pooled on her lap. She rubbed at her eyes to fully awaken herself. They were somewhat puffy from the crying that she did last night. Her hair was always a bit unruly since she rarely cared for appearances, but she had a few cowlicks which were telltale signs that her head had laid on his chest the entire night. He looked away again, blushing.

"Oh? What's with that blush, Bakugou?! Don't tell me you guys were doing other things last night?" Kaminari teased.

"Whaaaat!!! No way!!! Aya-chan, did you guys really?!?" Mina questioned excitedly.

"Oooohhh!! The smell of Aya-chan...Let me get closer!!" Mineta drooled, inching towards the couch that they were on.

"PISS OFF, YOU PERV!! WE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!" Bakugou shouted, fully preparing to use his quirk if they annoyed him any further.

Mineta gasped. "Bakugou! Don't tell me...you couldn't get it up last night!?" With that, the blond finally snapped. He lunged at the small boy, eliciting a terrified shriek from him.

"What the hell is going on here?" Everyone stiffened at the deep and menacing voice of their homeroom teacher. They slowly turned towards him, cowering under his ferocious gaze.

"The dorms separate boys and girls for a reason. So, care to tell me what the two of you were doing?" Aizawa demanded.

Ayano immediately got up and walked in front of him. She gave a deep bow. "I deeply apologize for our misconduct. Last night, I...had trouble falling asleep and came to the lounge. In his concern, Bakugou came to comfort me and the two of us wound up falling asleep here. I will assume full responsibility."

"I came down here for myself! Not because of you!!" Bakugou shouted, not wanting her to shoulder all of the blame. Ayano lifted her head, continuing while ignoring him. "Please feel free to assign whatever punishment you deem fit." "DON'T IGNORE ME, DAMN IT!!"

Aizawa studied her carefully. Her voice and her face held their usual robot-like qualities, but he could tell that certain features of her face were worn. The slight puffiness of her eyes revealed that she had been crying last night. The bags under them disclosed just how little sleep she was getting. Her hollowed cheeks showed her rapid weight loss due to a lack of appetite.

She was struggling. She was still struggling.

The man sighed. "That won't be necessary." Ayano's eyes widened slightly in surprise. "Sir, are you sure about that?" She questioned. "I really think it would be more appropriate if you gave me a proper punishment. To set an example, even."

Aizawa almost chuckled. "So rule-abiding...I think you and Iida would be the only type of people to actually ask for punishment like this."

Mineta began drooling again. "Oooohh! She's begging to be punished! She's an 'M,' huh?! Bakugou, you lucky dog!!" "SHUT UP!!!"