Chapter 38

"Sasaki!!! You need to get a hold of yourself!" Junk Master shouted at the girl, attempting to calm her. His efforts were futile, as the girl continued to disassemble and smash every one of her inventions in sight.

He was currently protecting the other students from stray shards of metal while he anxiously waited for Power Loader to get help. He could try to fight Ayano, but then he would be putting her classmates as risk. Fight Ayano or protect the students. It was the obvious choice, and he believed that Ayano would eventually listen to his words.

"The fight is over, Sasaki! It's all over! You're safe now!" He tried reasoning again. She didn't even make a move to look at him.

She spoke in an unexpectedly calm voice, grimacing at his last statement. "Perhaps I am...but everyone else is not..." Just when he was about to ask what she meant, the door burst open to reveal Power Loader, Midnight, and Aizawa.

Upon the sight of the female teacher, Ayano promptly donned a gas mask, frowning deeply as she did so. It was one very similar to the one that was used during the training camp invasion by the villain possessing the toxic gas quirk.

"I promise you, if you allow me to finish my job here, everything will be fine. There is no other cause for concern." Ayano spoke, her words muffled by the gas mask. One hand was using a mechanical glove to crush smaller gadgets. Her other hand continued to methodically detonate several of her creations, not even flinching when a few pieces of shrapnel flew at her and dug into her skin. In the process of destroying all of her creations, she had amassed several small wounds.

Her unflinching stature and hollow eyes were haunting.

The teachers looked to Junk Master, hoping for at least some debriefing. The man just sadly shook his head. "She's lost it. She won't listen to anything I say."

"We'll take care of it. You just get the kids safely out of here." Midnight ordered, moving with Aizawa and Power Loader to form a sort of human wall to protect the students from stray fragments from the explosions. Junk Master nodded, finally able to turn his back and guide his students to safety.

Midnight turned to Aizawa, formulating as many plans as she could. "I'm not sure how strong that gas mask is, but it shouldn't be able to hold out for too long in this enclosed space while I use my quirk at full strength. The problem is that my quirk works better on males than females. You think you can take her down fast enough?"

"Doesn't matter if I can. I have to." Aizawa inhaled a deep breath to hold in and dashed at the girl, not even bothering to waste time putting on his goggles. Midnight immediately tore off both sleeves of her body suit, her quirk exuding from her arms.

His capture weapon darted towards her, but Ayano barely moved to dodge it. Leaning back just enough for the scarf to fly past her face, her gloved hand quickly grabbed at the end. The mechanic glove began to glow a faint red as Aizawa was unable to pull the scarf from her vice-like grip.

"If I recall correctly, your weapon is made of steel wire alloy woven with carbon nanofibers. That makes for excellent tensile strength..." She harshly tugged at the fabric in several places with the heated glove. "However, it loses much of that tensile strength when subjected to extreme heat, making it very susceptible to bending out of shape."

She released her hold on the material, the scarf flying back towards Aizawa. He caught it, taking care in not touching the parts that she had heated so that he wouldn't burn himself. The places she had touched were completely misshapen, bent in all different and abnormal directions. There was no sign that it would return to its normal state anytime soon but luckily, she hadn't tampered with most of it.