Chapter 19

"U-Umm, Aya-chan...Y-You really don't have to walk me to my classroom. It's not a big deal!" Midoriya managed to squeak out after walking into the school, shaking off some reporters asking about All Might.

She glanced at him in her peripheral vision and looked back forward within the same second. "Perhaps not, but you are aware that I need to pass your classroom before I can get to my own, yes?" He flinched, having forgotten that. He was just so used to the two of them walking to school together. The problem wasn't that he didn't want to walk with her anymore.

The problem was that he didn't want her and Bakugou to meet.

Ever since the whole battle training fiasco, he wasn't sure what she was thinking. Ayano hadn't mentioned anything about it. Like always, she didn't even show much emotion. Midoriya was too afraid to ask her anything for various reasons.

He wasn't sure what had happened after he knocked out, but Ayano was apparently furious at Bakugou. The green-haired boy had never even seen her enraged before and if what his classmates had told him was true, he didn't want to.

He also didn't want to ask for his own well-being. He had used One For All in that battle, after all. He was well aware of how observant Ayano was. He could never hide anything from her, but he didn't want to ask just to confirm his suspicions.

If she didn't say anything because she didn't know, that would be great. If she didn't say anything because she was being considerate, that was also fine. He just knew that they would have to talk about it eventually. He wasn't ready for that now.

"Even if there was an alternate route to my classroom, I still have matters to attend to in yours." Before he knew it, Ayano had quickly slid the large door open. "A-AYA-CHAN!??!"

Much of the class had looked at the entrance. Bakugou had looked as well. He grew angry at seeing the two childhood friends together, but his shame took over when he met Ayano's eyes. The boy just clicked his tongue and shifted his head to look at the wall.

The class was silent, not knowing what exactly their relationship was or if they had reconciled at all.

Ayano plainly walked up to the boy's desk, not sparing any glances at his classmate's curious gazes. Using both hands, she took out a gigantic pile of papers from her bag. She released her grip, letting them plop onto the wooden surface and creating a resonating sound within the silent room.

Bakugou's eye twitched. "The fuck is this?" "The other half of the paperwork for your costume." "Huh?!"

"Did you think I was joking?" The class gulped along with Midoriya. It seemed she was serious about taking away his costume. "I told you that you are on probation. You can have the costume back only after completing these forms." She walked away from him.

Midoriya blinked. Probation? Have the costume 'back'? Were they on okay terms again?

"Oh." Pausing for a moment, releasing the sound. She looked back at Bakugou over her shoulder. "It would be in your best interest to complete those before lunch, as you will probably want your costume before hero training starts in the afternoon."

"How the hell am I supposed to do all of this before lunch?!? I have class too!!" Ayano walked back to him. She propped one hand onto his desk, the other placed on her hip. Leaning towards him with their faces inches apart, he grew flustered but tried his best not to show it.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you were going to 'run me and my support items into the dirt'? How exactly are you going to accomplish that without my costume? Furthermore, the future number one hero is unable to even complete simple paperwork? How embarrassing. Perhaps I should take this costume away after all, and give it to somebody worthy." She began taking away the papers.