Chapter 42

"Fujiyoshi-san..." Ayano slowly breathed out. With the whirlwind of emotions she had been experiencing lately, her concerns about Fujiyoshi Yuudai had been at the very back of her mind. Now that he was right here before her very eyes, all of those thoughts were rushing back to her. She began calculating what she would like to say first, seeing as Fujiyoshi seemed reluctant to begin.

Bakugou's hands tightened into fists, his face growing into a deeper scowl. He didn't quite know the boy, but he recognized him to be the one that was always trying to pick a fight with Ayano some way or another. Was this bastard trying to start something again?!

Ayano broke the silence. "...I am glad that you appear to be unharmed." "STOP!" She tilted her head a bit at that.

"S-Stop!" Fujiyoshi repeated. "...Just...Just stop..." He put his head in his hands out of frustration, tightly gripping strands of his hair. "I don't deserve to hear those words...especially not from you." He mumbled the last part, but the room was so quiet that everyone had heard him.

Ayano raised an eyebrow at him, uncertain of his actions. When she had revealed to him what she knew about his father and had appreciated his skill, he had said similar words to her. This time, however, his words were laden with more guilt than anger.

She chose to give him as much time as he needed since he was having trouble gathering his thoughts. "Perhaps we should transfer to a more private location?" She suggested, seeing as they were still in the lobby with much of Class 1-A. Fujiyoshi appeared to be battling the emotions within him, and Ayano thought it best to let him do so in peace.

With his head still in one of his hands, Fujiyoshi used the other to wave around. "No! No...it's fine. I just...I just need some time to think." He gave a long sigh, revealing the fatigue in his voice.

Ayano would have offered to have him sit on one of the couches in the lobby, but once again, she thought it best to let him figure things out before interfering.

Once he sorted out his feelings, Fujiyoshi's head shot straight up. He looked at Ayano, his eyes full of conviction. "I was the reason you were kidnapped by the villains!"

Everyone's eyes widened, and Ayano's own eyes enlarged marginally. The room was deathly quiet for the amount of people in it.

Fujiyoshi continued. "It was because of me that y—MPH!!" His voice was immediately muffled and cut off from Ayano lunging forward and covering his mouth with her hand.

With her hand still silencing him, Ayano spoke slowly and cautiously. "Under normal circumstances, I would not care about anybody listening to us. However, given the severity of this potential conversation, I believe it would be in our best interest to move to a more private location as I suggested previously."

She took a glance behind her at all of the Class 1-A students. Many of them looked away nervously, desperately trying to avoid her watchful gaze. Some of them tried to whistle innocently, as if they didn't hear what Fujiyoshi just said. Others uneasily excused themselves, trying to get away from the situation.

Fujiyoshi forced Ayano's hand away, gripping her wrist tightly. "It doesn't matter! They can listen if they want! I'm going to tell the principal everything anyways!" He looked down, as if in shame. "I just wanted to tell you first..."

Ayano slowly lowered her hand. Her mind raced through everything that she knew.

"You know, I wouldn't be surprised if real villains came here and recognized him as a potential ally."

Ayano was surprised. Not because he was here, but because he had chosen this time to come. Ayano and Mei were the first ones to sign up for time slots in the Development Studio and training grounds. There was no way Fujiyoshi had failed to see that she would be the only one here at this time.