Chapter 26

"Deku-kun!?!" Uraraka shouted after the boy. He had immediately jumped out of his seat after hearing Midnight's announcement of the winner. Uraraka was already worried after seeing the state that Ayano was in, but the look of utter panic on Midoriya's face had her incredibly uneasy.

The green-haired boy hadn't even heard his classmates' shouts, running as if his life depended on it. He had come across a very disheveled and beat up Ayano before. She cared very little about her own safety when it came to testing out her support items.

Even visiting her in the hospital after the sludge incident could not hold a candle to what he just witnessed. He had never seen Ayano in such a state. He had never seen her fight so audaciously, so riskily.

It shook him to his core.

There was just one thing on his mind and it was to check up on his friend, the distant voices of his classmates just mere background noise.

Bakugou had the same thoughts. In fact, he was the first to move. His movements were stopped, however, by Uraraka's shouts. Her voice directed his attention to the green-haired boy running off to the infirmary.

The blond nearly growled, not only at the damned nerd but at himself. What was he getting so worked up for!? It's not like Ayano needed to be babied! He knew that better than anyone. And why would he need to care about her?

So, why did this anxiety inside of him keep growing?

Unknowingly, he was having an internal debate about whether or not to rush to her side.

"Man, that girl is only in the Support Department!?" "I know, right? First that General Studies boy, and now her! What is U.A. thinking?"

"I heard she's quirkless!" "Well, I guess they can't help it then."

"But she just went toe-to-toe with Endeavor's boy! If only she had a quirk..." "Yeah, it's such a shame!"

Bakugou scowled. This time, it was because of what he was hearing rather than his thoughts. Those idiots would never understand. They were just a bunch of extras.

"You know, I can't say I disagree with what the audience is saying..." Sero commented. "Yeah, seriously!! If she could do that to Todoroki with just support items, imagine what she could do with a quirk!" Kirishima exclaimed.

Kaminari snickered. "You guys went up against the same person, but she lasted way longer. Guess she could easily beat you as a hero, Sero!" "Heyyy!!!"

Mina chimed in. "She's super strong though! Are we sure she doesn't have a quirk?" Tsuyu nodded, placing her finger near her mouth in thought. "I wonder what her quirk would be if she had one, kero."

All of the side conversations stopped when they heard a loud clang of metal. They all turned their heads to look at Bakugou. He was sitting in the front row and had kicked at the metal railings in front of him. The kick was so strong that some parts of the railing were still left vibrating.

What was really jarring though, was the ferocity in his eyes.

He had a scowl on his face like he usually did, but it wasn't like the ones he used for Midoriya or others. It wasn't one of his villain-like outbursts either.

It was seething rage.

His eyes slanted aggressively, surely causing wrinkles in his future. His lips were sloped downward in a deep frown. His jaw tightened from gritting his teeth, a slight sound being produced from the grinding.

Nobody said or did anything for a while. Eventually, Bakugou silently got up and trudged his way to the exit at the back. These idiots would never understand either. Ayano didn't need a quirk.