Chapter 54

"Hey! Hey! Bakugou, is everything alright with you and Aya-chan?" Kirishima asked congenially, wrapping an arm around the blond's shoulder when he entered the lounge.

Bakugou instantly shrugged the redhead's arm off. "Why the fuck wouldn't it be?" He gruffly responded.

Kirishima raised both of his hands in a casual surrender motion. "I don't know, I wanted to make sure nothing was wrong since you guys had that fight. She hasn't been in the dorms much, so I was just wondering."

Kaminari chimed in. "Yeah, none of us have seen you guys acting all lovey-dovey in the lounge lately. Well, not that we really want to see that, but it got us thinking."

Glaring at the electric boy, Bakugou responded. "Everything is fine, so you guys can mind your own damn business. Ayano is busy preparing for final exams. That's it." Of course, he wouldn't mention that he was feeling the slightest bit lonely because of that fact.

Kaminari nearly jumped out of his chair. "Final exams?!?? But isn't that, like, months away??!" He asked, a nervous sweat beginning to bead at his temples.

"Yeah, but she's taking them early so she can get on with the study abroad program at I-Island." Bakugou revealed. He had already been aware of this, but admitting it aloud still brought him a bit of pain.

"Welcome back, Aya-chan!!" The group of boys heard Mina's voice from the front door. They turned their heads to see a weary looking Ayano. Bakugou instantly walked towards her.

"Give me that." He commanded, referring to her school bag. Before she could even refuse, he snatched the bag from her, going off to set it down on one of the tables. He entered the kitchen and returned with a glass of water, handing it to the girl without a word. She gently smiled, nodding her head in thanks as she removed her shoes and exchanged them for slippers.

Kaminari walked up with Kirishima, his hands behind his head and chuckling. "You know, for a guy who acts all tough like you do, you're actually just a big softie!" He was promptly met with a hard punch to the top of his head by the ash blond.

Ignoring the boys, Mina and some of the other girls expressed their concerns to Ayano. "You look really tired, Aya-chan! Is preparing for final exams really that tough?" They asked, a little fearful of her answer because they too would be going through the same stress in a couple of months.

"Final exams are not my concern. It is the extra projects and assignments that have been given to me. In my homeroom teacher's words, 'The U.A. Support Department would be a laughing stock if we sent an amateur to I-Island!' As such, he has taken it upon himself to give me extra training in addition to regular school work and final exam preparations. It would be similar to remedial lessons, I suppose." Ayano explained.

Kirishima, Kaminari, Sato, Sero, and Mina all shivered, remembering how they had failed the previous practical exam and how harsh Aizawa was in their resulting late night remedial lessons during the training camp. "That must be tough..." They all mumbled sympathetically.

"Nothing I can't handle." Ayano replied confidently, causing Bakugou to smirk, a surge of pride going through him.

"But wow! If you're preparing for final exams already, when are you taking them?" Uraraka asked.

"In two weeks." "TWO WEEKS?!!?" The others shouted back.

"A-And you're leaving in two weeks then?!" Mina questioned. All but Bakugou were shocked when the girl nodded her head. She had already discussed this with him, but it was no less disappointing hearing it again.

"That's so soon! We have to throw you a farewell party!" Kirishima exclaimed, the others nodding in agreement.

"Yeah! When's your farewell date? We can have the party that night!" Mina asked the couple. The two stared at her for a moment, blinking once in slight confusion. "Our what?" Bakugou asked first.