Chapter 31

Ayano arrived at the Kiyashi Ward Shopping Mall along with the majority of Class 1-A. She had been invited to the excursion by both Kirishima and Midoriya.

Students of the Support Course did not have a training camp like students of the Hero Course. Instead, they would be allowed to spend their Summer Break within certain parts of the campus. They would be free to use the Development Studio as they pleased. They would also be free to use the many training grounds around U.A., so long as they properly signed up for it.

Of course, unlike a training camp, there was no incentive for students to spend their valuable vacation on school grounds. As a result, Junk Master had given his students multiple assignments due after Summer Break, effectively forcing them to use their time wisely. Some students wanted to get it over with and have more time to relax. Others preferred to procrastinate, prioritizing play over work and waiting until the final days to complete the assignments.

Ayano, being neither of the two types of students, was overjoyed at the prospect of using the school's facilities and planned to spend as much time there as she could over the break. In fact, she had already signed up for various time slots for access to the training grounds.

She graciously accepted Kirishima's and Midoriya's offer of joining their class to go shopping, since she needed quite the amount of supplies for the kind of projects she planned to work on.

At Kirishima's suggestion, Class 1-A split, each group or person going off to find whatever they needed. Ayano, Midoriya, and Uraraka were the only ones left at the original meeting spot. Midoriya and Uraraka were left behind, neither being in so much of a hurry as the rest of their classmates. Ayano had stayed behind because she was studying a map of the mall. Memorizing the entire layout would allow her to plan out the quickest and most efficient route.

She never had any intentions of hanging out with the rest of them anyways.

"A-Aya-chan! What are you planning to buy?" Midoriya asked after he recovered from being in awe of his classmates' rush. Ayano folded up the map and placed it in her pocket, only to procure another folded piece of paper: her shopping list.

She began listing off the vast amount of materials. "Petroleum, wrought iron, potassium nitrate, silicon carbide, corundum, na—" "Can you even find some of those things in a mall!?!" Midoriya and Uraraka shouted in surprise.

Ayano blinked. "...I highly doubt it, but there is no harm in trying. There are some things on this list that I can find at this mall, so coming here is not a complete waste of my time."

Midoriya laughed and then asked Uraraka what she planned to buy. She gave a flustered response, running away while shouting something about bug spray. Midoriya's eyes followed after her in confusion.

Everyone had come to the mall together, but now it was just Midoriya and Ayano left. She turned to her friend. "Well, if you do not need me, I will be on my way." She said, already beginning to walk away before finishing the sentence.

.

.

.

Just as she thought, most of the items on her shopping list were unattainable at this mall. All she had to show for this trip was a single, modest bag of materials. As she said earlier, it wasn't a complete waste of her time because she at least found some of the things on her list.

Ayano was on the second-floor balcony, on her way to go down the escalators. As she was walking alongside the railings, she looked down to the first floor where their original meeting place was.

She managed to catch sight of Midoriya's green hair in the midst of the large crowd. Her eyebrows furrowed. "Has he finished shopping already? ...No, he's with someone."