Chapter 36

"Todoroki. Kirishima. Midoriya. Yaoyorozu. Iida. On that night, you five headed to that place to rescue Bakugou." Aizawa's words drew shocked expressions from all of their classmates.

"Judging by your reactions, you all knew full well that they intended to do so. Up until now, I've been shelving things left and right, but let me say this clearly: Had All Might not been forced to retire...save for Bakugou, Jirou, and Hagakure, I would have expelled every single one of you."

Everyone grew more tense as many of them bit their lips in discomfort. "I'd be grateful if you restore that trust by going through the proper channels of becoming a hero legally. That is all! Now let's go inside with a spring in your step." Their homeroom teacher finished. Although, with a lecture like that, it wasn't really possible to fulfill his last request.

Despite the nearly unbearable atmosphere, Midoriya had to address something. "A-Aizawa-sensei!" The boy called out, causing the man to stop. He simply turned his head enough to look at his student.

"A-Aya-chan...what's her condition?" Bakugou's shoulders stiffened, wanting very much to know the answer to that as well.

Neither of them had seen her since the big battle at Kamino. Bakugou had last seen her in the embrace of her parents. She had fainted then, adding to his worries. Neither of the boys were able to get into contact with her or her parents. Even when they each went to the hospital, her room was completely isolated and barred from visitors. Doctors and nurses refused to answer any questions, further raising their suspicions.

Aizawa fully turned around, feeling that Midoriya had the right to know about his childhood friend. "Sasaki Ayano is..." The green-haired boy gulped, mentally preparing himself for the ensuing answer.

"...in perfectly fine physical condition." Midoriya released a great sigh of relief, gulping down air to help calm himself. Bakugou had also relaxed, the stiffness in his shoulders lessening but not completely gone.

"She still has some scratches here and there, but luckily Recovery Girl was able to prevent much scarring. In fact, her rate of recovery was incredible, even with Recovery Girl's quirk. Are you sure she doesn't have some sort of secret endurance-type quirk? Or a stamina quirk?" Midoriya shook his head as Aizawa explained.

.

.

.

A group of men entered the hospital, each of them bearing grim expressions. All Might, Aizawa, Tsukauchi, Vlad King, Principal Nezu, and Junk Master all waited patiently in the lobby. They came to check up on Ayano's condition as well as to ask her questions about her time in captivity.

Their heads turned towards one hallway where there was a commotion. "Sasaki-san! Please! You shouldn't be moving around yet! You need to get proper rest!" A nurse shouted, frantically trying to follow after the girl.

Ayano was slowly limping down the hallways, one hand against the wall for support. Her eyes were bloodshot, deep bags underneath them. Any part of her that wasn't covered by the hospital gown was covered by pristine, white bandages. In her other hand, she tightly grasped onto something.

The site of his student in such a state reignited the fires within Junk Master. The rage and guilt he felt when seeing her tortured body at the League of Villains' hideout came back in full force. His eyes met the exhausted ones of his student.

"...There is no rest for the weary." Ayano offered the simple reply to the nurse, referencing Junk Master's words from the first day of school.

The anger he had was still there, but died down a little after hearing her cheekiness. She was still so stubborn, even in this condition. He smirked, but quickly hid it. "Sasaki, kiddo. The nurses are right. You need to rest! Won't you listen just this once?"