Chapter 10

"BEGIN!!" Ayano burst forward along with all the other examinees. However, instead of just rushing forward on the clear and open path, she chose to veer towards the side, going through alleys and between the buildings.

She heard some rumbling on her right side and quickly stopped her movements. A one-point villain burst from the building and turned its head towards her. "Target locked! Prepare for termination!"

It rushed at her, raising its claw in preparation to strike. It was fast, but it seemed to be very straightforward in its attack. Ayano used the grappling hook from her arm to quickly pull herself to the side and avoid the claw. She retracted the hook and took aim at the neck of the robot. She blasted off its head with a burst of high pressure air, successfully disabling it and earning herself one point.

"Quick, but fragile...especially on the joints connecting its limbs." Ayano examined as she walked closer to the dismembered machine. She looked around the empty alleyway, hearing the distant sounds of screaming and the clanging of metal. Deducing that she was far enough away from danger, she acted quickly.

Reaching the head of the robot, she crouched down to it and extended a wire from her electronic wristband. "I'm most likely wasting a lot of time but if I'm successful, it will be worth it." She plugged the wire into a compartment within the head and her watch projected screens and screens of information. As she quickly skimmed over it, she hummed in thought.

"It has rather simple programming, detecting movement and attacking being the main points. I suppose they wouldn't want to waste too much effort on an entrance exam that they hold every year with thousands of participants." Her wristband projected a keyboard onto her arm and she began tapping away at it, the three disks that she made prior to the exam lighting up.

"SIX MINUTES REMAINING!!"

Ayano retracted the wire and the screens turned off. She started running in the direction of all the noise, knowing that most of the robots would be there. Reaching the source of it all, her eyes darted around to examine the situation. People were scrambling and scraps of metal flew about. She heard other examinees mumbling their points, realizing just how behind she was.

She encountered a three-point villain, one that was much bigger than the one-pointer from earlier and looked more like a tank. From what she observed of the other people battling the villains, three-pointers were slow but strong and durable. "My air cannon isn't going to put a dent in that armor. I'll have to use one early." Ayano thought as she pulled out one of the three disks.

"Target locked!" Reaching into her utility belt, Ayano pulled out a white pill and threw it to the ground. A screen of smoke billowed out from the pill and masked her movements, causing the robot to lose sight of its target and lock on to another.

As it moved towards another examinee, she rushed behind it with a disk in hand. Clicking it once to activate it, she slapped it onto the robot. It stuck onto the surface and released some electric shocks. The robot stilled and ceased functioning.

Ayano slowly walked in front of the villain and pressed a button on her wristband. A holographic screen popped open and the robot's head turned up. "Activated. Awaiting further instructions." At that moment, Ayano revealed a devious smile.

Hatsume Mei was having the time of her life. Oh, to be able to use her cute babies to the fullest and show them off to all the people here!

She had just dodged a villain's attack with her hydraulic attachment bars, when the very same villain was rammed into by another. The frail one-pointer exploded and burst into flames. Mei turned her head around to see that the attacker was a three-pointer. Her eyes widened when she saw that Ayano was riding it like she would a horse.