Chapter 30

"HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET THIS WRONG?! I JUST TAUGHT IT TO YOU!!!"

"Hey! I'm trying, man!! This is a lot harder than you made it seem!!!"

Bakugou proceeded to smack the top of Kirishima's head with a rolled-up workbook, the agitation clearly getting to him. He was incredibly close to burning the papers in his hands by accidently activating his quirk in anger.

Tutoring the redhead for final exams proved to be a much greater nuisance than he initially thought.

"HEY, BRAT! WILL YOU QUIET DOWN! YOU HAVE ANOTHER GUEST!" His mother shouted. "SHUT UP, YOU OLD HAG!" The boy yelled back, as he heard footsteps coming up the stairs.

The footsteps soon stopped in front of his slightly open door. Guest? Who could it possibly be?

If it was dunce face, he'd blow him to hell. If it was his mom, he'd blow her to hell. His dad was at work but if it was him, he'd blow him to hell too.

The unknown guest knocked three times on the door. The force of the knocking pushed the door the rest of the way open, revealing Ayano.

Well, he certainly hadn't expected it to be her.

"Hey, Aya-chan! What's up!" Kirishima greeted, earning himself a glare from the ash blond. Calling her a nickname with that honorific?! Since when had she and hedgehog hair become so close!?

"Oh. My apologies. I was not aware that you were on a date." "WHO THE HELL IS ON A DATE, HUH!??!"

The girl smirked. "You're right. That was a foolish comment from me. I cannot imagine anyone who would willingly go on a date with you." Kirishima unsuccessful tried stifling his laughter, causing Bakugou to hit him again. "YOU GET ONE QUESTION WRONG ON THAT WORKSHEET AND I'LL BLOW YOU TO BITS!!!" The redhead quickly got back to work, though he was unable to wipe the smile from his face.

Ayano raised an eyebrow. "You are tutoring him. That is...quite virtuous of you." He caught onto the hesitation in her voice. "I CAN BE VIRTUOUS TOO!!"

The girl took her seat on the floor, alongside the two boys. "I never said you could not, just implied that it is rather rare of you."

The blond was just about to yell again when his mother burst into the room. "KATSUKI! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU TO SHUT UP!!" "YOU SHUT UP, YOU COW!!"

The older woman carefully set down the tray of drinks and snacks before throwing her fist down onto her son's head. With her fist still in contact with his head, she flashed a bright smile at Kirishima and Ayano. "Sorry about him! I guess he's just...excited...about having friends over for once." When she emphasized the word 'excited,' her fist ground against Bakugou's head, giving him a painful noogie.

"I brought you kids some snacks, so help yourselves!" Kirishima gratefully accepted, immediately digging in. Ayano slightly bowed her head in appreciation. "Thank you, Mitsuki-san, but this was not very necessary."

The older woman just waved it off. "Don't worry about it! Like I said, it's rare for this brat to have friends over. I was beginning to think he didn't have any!" She laughed boisterously. Bakugou couldn't handle it anymore and forcefully removed her fist from his head.

"Will you piss off already!!" He pushed his mother out of the room and slammed the door shut. Kirishima called out to him with about eight Pocky sticks shoved in his mouth. "Hey, Bakugou! You should treat your mom with more respect!" All he received was a deep glare, prompting him to quickly go back to scribbling on the practice worksheet in front of him.

Bakugou's focus then turned to Ayano nibbling on a Meiji matcha biscuit. "What are you doing here?" She swallowed the bite of the snack. "To study, I suppose."