Chapter 50

The students of Class 1-A were relaxing in the lounge, discussing what they planned to do for the School Festival when they all heard a large explosion from the other side of the room.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING, YOU IDIOT!??!" Bakugou shouted at Ayano. He was, surprisingly, not the cause of the explosion. Luckily, it wasn't a large scale one, only resulting in puffs of smoke and soot to be launched into the air with no damage to the furniture.

The inventor coughed into her hand, desperately trying to clear her lungs as she waved away all the smoke with her other hand.

Several of her classmates cautiously waded through the smoke, concerned for their friend. "Aya-chan! Is everything okay?!" Many of them asked.

"Everything is fine." She quickly replied, immediately going back to the couch. Machines, gadgets, and all sorts of tech were littered about on the table in front of her.

"The hell it is!!! You're dead tired and you need sleep, damn it!!" Bakugou grabbed her shoulder, making her face him. He was prepared to use force if she didn't listen.

"I'll sleep when the School Festival is over." She mechanically responded, but she couldn't deny that she was incredibly tired. Ayano had been working day and night in preparation for the festival, along with attending regular class.

The students of the Support Course would hold a big tech exhibition for the festival, showcasing their talents and inventions. Due to recent major events, U.A. had decided to go through with the festival on the conditions that only a select few would be able to attend this year. The Support Course students had received a list of all the support companies that would send a representative to the festival, and this was by far the biggest opportunity for all of them.

There was absolutely no way that Ayano would let this chance slip by.

"You're going to sleep now!!!" Bakugou grabbed each of her wrists, forcing her hands down to her sides so that she would be unable to work on anything. He had overpowered her, but he was certainly struggling. Perhaps if she weren't so tired, she might have been able to break free.

"I'll have...plenty of time...to sleep...when it is...over!" Ayano grumbled out as she fought to break free from his grasp.

"Will you give it a rest already!!! You already said you're way ahead of schedule! Look at this!!!" Bakugou gestured with his head since his hands were occupied with holding down Ayano's. "You made a stupid mistake when you never would have before! Now get some fucking sleep!"

Ayano stared him, searching desperately for a rebuttal. She couldn't find one though because he was right. If she were of perfectly sound mind, her invention never would have short circuited like that. "You're right." She sighed, admitting defeat.

"Damn right I am! You're always telling me to get to sleep before ten, why?!" Bakugou wanted to pour just a little bit more salt in the wound.

"...Because we need seven to nine hours of sleep to remain at peak performance, and lack of sleep depresses cognitive function..." Ayano mumbled out.

He smirked in triumph. "Good! Now don't be a hypocrite and get the fuck to sleep!" He pointed at the elevator down the hall. When she didn't make a move to get up from the couch, he scowled at her. "What the hell are you waiting for?!"

"...There is no room. That's why I came down here. There is more space in the lounge." Ayano explained.

"Ehhh?! There's that much stuff in your room!? It's even on the bed?!" Mina asked in disbelief. The rest of her classmates felt a sweat drop down their temple when Ayano nodded. Just how many things was she working on!?