Part 1 - The Arranged Marriage

Part 1

The moon just come up on the dark sky. I was called by my father. So , I went to his room. It was quite dark but light from outside through window make the room abit bright. He was lying on the bed. I walk to him and sit beside him on the bed. I hold his hand with my two hands. He open his eyes and look at me. He smiled.

Ajay : Yen'pa kupethige?

He get up and sit on the bed then on the bed lamp.

Appa : I and your mother have arrange marriage for you..

Ajay act blur for few seconds.

Ajay : Pa..Archana kalyanam panni veche aprom en'ne paathi pesselam..

Ajay's Father : Yen?

Ajay : Oru Anna'na naa epdi pa mothele kalyanam pannikirethe? Apdi ena aveseram..

*Lights on

Ajay turn and look. He saw his mother , elder sister(Anjana)(married) and younger sister(Archana)(single) enter the room.

A's M : Yengge , kalyanam pathi pesserege..Light on panni bright'than pesserethe illa?

Ajay : En future're dark akaretheke yen bright'tha pessenem..

Anjana(Elder sister) : Apdi ella sollatheda...

She tap Ajay's shoulders gently.

Archana(Young sister) : Ey! Ponnu enode friend'dhethan..Appa kudhe paathurekare..Athan..Unake eteh jodi'ne sonne..

Ajay roll his eyes.

Ajay : Nee epo inthe maari vela ella paake arabeche?

Archana : Athe vidhe..Une kalyanam panne sonna , yenda en'ne maathi''vidhere..

He look at Archana. Archana knock Ajay's head.

Anjana : Ey! Yendi avan'ne adikire?!

Ajay rub his head with his hand. Archana start to laugh then show thumb up to Ajay.👍

Archana : Nalla venu!!😆

Ajay glare😐 at Archana then get up and pull Archana's ear.

Archana : Appa!! Paarugge , Appa!! Ahhhhhh!!😣

A's F : Vidhe pa..Chinna ponnu..

Ajay : Chinna ponna? Broker velai paathurekera?! Ivan chinna ponna?

Archana bite Ajay's other hand. He let go her so she quickily escape and run out of the room because she know he going to revenge her. Ajay took a step but stop by his father.

A's F : Ajay.. Ajay stop and look at A's F. A's M almost show the picture of the girl to Ajay but stop by A's F.

A's F : Unake ithele samatham'ma?(to Ajay)

Ajay's father cough alittle. He look abit sick. A's M take small jug and pour into a glass then give to A's F. Anjana clear her throat.

Ajay look at his elder sister. Anjana signal him to agreed.

Anjana : Cheri'ne sollu.. (mouthed)

Ajay look at his father who is drinking the water. A'F give the glass to his A's M.

A's F : Sollu , Pa..

Ajay : Athe-..

He look down.

Archana : AIK!! ANNA , VEKAM PAADHERAN!!😀 Ajay wide his eyes with shock when he hear Archana's voice at his back.😨 She pinch his cheeks.

Archana : Sir'u konjam nemethu paaregge..😇