In Another Life

***LEXXI'S POV***

It was a week since I last saw Nash. He hasn't texted me at all and I'm starting to believe it was just a one time thing and it was all done and over with now.

I ignored it no matter how much it hurt. I was really starting to like Nash. I wanted to be good friends with him like I always dreamt of. In a perfect life, I would have already moved in with Nash.

I went on twitter. For some odd reason I gained a lot of followers all of the sudden. I followed them all back still confused and shut my lap top.

I went down stairs and as I got to the bottom of the stairs I heard arguing. It was Kevin and Maci arguing. I went to the room they were in and pressed my ear against the door.

"Kevin! How are we going to tell Lexxi? Huh?"

"I don't know Maci, we'll figure something out don't raise your voice at me."

"Oh, so you're turning into dad now that he's gone?"

"Well someone has to be mature enough around here to actually make sure Lexxi gets a proper education."

"I was the one that raised her Kevin! You did nothing! Mom and dad never cared about us! Every thing was about work and money with them, we need to be different!"

"Everything seemed to work out just fine for them that way Maci!They had four kids that are all straight A students and they have shit tons of money!"

"Do not curse, Lexxi is in this house and you know how I feel about her hearing curse words."

"Lexxi's been in her own world lately she doesn't know anything that's going on. If she did she would have noticed we've been acting different."

"Kevin, just stop. I don't want to talk about this anymore. Mom and dad are gone and Lexxi doesn't know. We have an older sibling that wants to be in our lives again and Lexxi doesn't know!"

"Whatever I'm going outside."

"Have f-"

I walked into the kitchen and they both froze and looked at me. "L-Lexxi..." Kevin said. I crossed my arms and walked out in tears I heard more screaming from Maci and then I heard foot steps.

"Lexxi honey, are you okay?" Maci said sitting next to me and hugging me. Tears were streaming down my face.

"What happened to mom and dad?" I asked. "They left, they abandoned us..."

"Are we gonna be okay?"

"Yeah, we're gonna be just fine because we have each other and that's all we'll ever need in life. I love you."

"I love you too."

_______________________

MWHAHAHAHAHA