Thanks For The Memories

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER GOES BACK INTO THE JONES KIDS SAD PAST! ALSO IF YOU HAVEN'T EVER HEARD THE SONG THNKS FR TH MMRS BY FALL OUT BOY GO LISTEN TO IT, IT KIND OF RELATES A LITTLE BIT.

***LEXXI'S POV***

I woke up to the smell of pancakes. I love pancakes!

I ran downstairs knowing Maci would be the one making them. Maci's always loved to cook. She cooks all the time and even taught me some recipes.

Maci's food is also the best. I guess it's good she likes to cook considering I'm always hungry. Though, so is Maci. Come to think of it, and Kevin.

Thank god someone in this house likes to cook other wise we would have all been dead by now! I went down the stairs and into the living room. Kevin was on the floor.

"Maci's making pancakes!" Kevin giggled like a little boy on Christmas morning.

I giggled knowing that was his favorite food. In this moment if time froze, I would be fine with it because I'm the happiest I've ever been. My parents always made me feel like nothing.

Living with only my brother and sister is amazing. No more glances at the dinner table. No more "Lexxi we're disappointed in you" looks. No more dad coming home drunk and beating mom Maci and I.

The worst part is he would make Kevin watch. And there was nothing Kevin could ever do. Dad was a lot stronger and older and taller than Kevin.

Plus he always had his pistol on him. And he wasn't afraid to use it on Kevin for sure. For the matter or me and Maci. Mom was someone he always adored. He would beat her but he would never kill her.

Kevin Maci and I? Completely different story. Our parents never loved us. In fact, Kevin was a mistake. So after my mom had Kevin our parents got married and were happy.

They were better people because of Kevin. What turned them bad was our oldest brother who ran away and who wants to be family friendly with us again. Maci said that she hates him and it's not happening, I still don't even know his name. It bothers me.

Anyway. Kevin and our oldest brother were the best of friends when Kevin was six and he was ten. By that time Maci was already born and she was four. I was also born but I was two. Maci loved me from the very start.

Anyway Kevin and we'll call him Bob were best friends while me and Maci were best friends. Now our parents were the happiest people ever with four cute and sweet children.

But that all changed very quickly. When Bob was 14, Kevin was ten, Maci was eight, and I was six. Bob ran away and was never seen again. That was when my parents turned into bad people.

That's when my father would come home drunk and beat us. When Kevin was fifteen Maci was thirteen, and I was eleven on a certain night it was really bad. Dad came home extremely drunk and he kicked Kevin in the side five times.

Kevin was very badly injured but he was able to walk to some degree. He beat our mom until she was almost dead. Then he started looking for me and Maci. Maci took me into the attic when he started hurting mom. Maci was also hurt because when he started hurting Kevin she stepped in and punched dad.

Dad then punched her in the stomach but her adrenalin was already going so she didn't feel it until the next day. But after he punched her and went to mom Maci took me in the attic to hide. We stayed hidden without him finding us for three hours.

He eventually left the house for a week and we were safe. Mom was still a good person it was just dad that was bad. She took us to the hospital me being the only one unharmed. That time I was unharmed at least.