CHAPTER 6 [sorry]

I wake up with my tv screen reading 'are you still watching?'. Guess I fell asleep during 13 Reasons Why which means I'll have to rewind a lot since I'll be confused. Like a lot. I roll over to my side table and grab my phone to see what time it was 6AM, great. I don't need to be up on a Sunday until noon. I unlock my phone anyway to scroll through instagram a bit when I get a notification saying that Jack has sent me a snap chat. I'm slightly confused why he is also up at this time, I go onto the app and open the photo. It is a photo of him, no top on and wrapped in his quilt with the caption saying, "can't sleep", I smile when I see the photo and go to send him one back when I realise...I look like I've been dragged through a hedge. Yeah maybe not Grace.

I slide onto the chat section of snapchat instead of photo and message him,

Me: me neither, I just woke up

Jack: I didn't think you'd get that until this morning lol

Me: well, I didn't expect you to up at 6

Jack: yeah, I kept waking up and then going back sleep

Jack: wanna facetime until we both fall asleep?

Me: sure :)

I then get an incoming face time call from Jack, I answer it immediately and grab my ear phones and plug them in so my mum doesn't hear and gets woken up. I lay my phone flat on the bed since I look horrendous and of course, Jack looks as if he's ready for a fashion shoot, like always. "Heyyyy" I say, "hey Grace" he smiles, "where's your face" he questions, "not worthy to be on camera" I laugh, "come on it can't be that bad" he says, I roll my eyes to myself and pull the camera in front of my face. "Ahhhh, it's terrifying put it away" he says covering his eyes, I laugh, "awe how sweet" I say, "bet that gets you all the girls" I joke, "nope, but you wouldn't know what that'd be like" he says, "ouch I'm hurt" I say holding my chest, he laughs, "good I don't want to" I say.

We both laugh, "come on, I'm a proper ladies man, I could get any girl I want" he says, "yeah anyone but me" I laugh, "oh trust me, if I wanted you Gracie I'd get you" he says winking, "shut up you creep" I say and he laughs. "Seriously though, curls really do get the girls" he says and I roll my eyes. "Not if they're fake" I say, "ouch that one hurt my soul" he says causing me to laugh. "Hey what did you want to say to me earlier that you were gonna tell me today" I ask after we both finish laughing, "oh err" he pauses, "Jack what did you do" I joke, "nothing I promise just err, I kinda told Sydnie that me and you are friends" he says, "shit Jack, what did she say" I say a little panicked, "nothing too bad she just said be careful and don't get too attached because she thought we were like a thing" he says, "oh god, you told her we weren't right" I ask, "yeah yeah don't worry, and when she snapped at me I told her we're not her or Spencer" he says.  I don't know what to say, "was she mad" was all I could ask, "I don't think, she was at first but then again, she can't control who I have as my friends, then she cooled down" he says, "okay" I say.

It goes quiet for a minute. "So you're not mad" he says, "well, not really, I mean if she's fine with it and she won't tell your mum or get invloved with mine again then I think it should be fine" I say, "er yeah I guess" he says. He looks down, "Jack I'm not mad, okay?" I say, "yeah I know" he says finally looking at me. "I just don't want her to mess up what friendship we have, because I'm happy that we're friends" he says, "I'm happy too", he smiles. "Anyway, I might have to distance myself from your  house soon anyway since mum got a call from Spencer the other day saying he wanted to come out and visit" I say, "really? when" he asks, "not sure, doubt he will, he never does, but if he does, be warned" I laugh a little.

"Where's your head at with Daniel then?" he asks, I had forgotton about that, "erm, I'm going to tell him that we're better as friends tomorrow because I just dont feel like we'd work out" I say, "okay" Jack says, "what no bugging me saying my first date was a fail" I say, "if it was a fail then clealry it wasn't a worthy date with someone you liked" he says, "there's no one that I like though, so I don't think I'll be going on another one any time soon" I say, "like I said you're setting your standards too high, I seriously think he could be like around the corner" he says, "probably" I laugh, he does too.