CHAPTER 17 [a set up]

Me and Molly are chilling in my room and she is making every single excuse to stay so she wouldn't have to go home. Right now we're watching the last few episode of this weird TV show she loves and I'm so confused since I have never watched it before. "Wanna go get pizza?" Molly asks, "sure?" I say, "we have to.." I begin where I get cut off, "we have to go to the one down the street cause you won't eat any other pizza, yeah I remember" she laughs, and I just smile. "You're paying" I say to her, "really" she says, "it was your idea" I say, "fine whatever let's just go" she laughs. We walk down the stairs and tell my mum were going to get pizza before leaving, "love you" I shout as I walk out the door.

After a while of walking I decide to talk to Molly about earlier with Jack, "hey, what were you and Jack actually talking about earlier" I ask, "why" she says not looking at me but rather her phone. "Just wondering" I say, "err, he asked if me and you were going to that party, and I got to diss him about Alison" she says, "oh and do you know that Corbyn has a girlfriend" she says finally looking at me, "I thought so but I didn't know for sure" I say, "wierd right, Jack Frost has a girlfriend and she's actually nice" she says, "you know her?" I ask, "yeah, me and Christina used talk all the time" she says, "really" I ask confused, "I do have other friends you know" she laughs, and I just laugh. She returns her atention back on her phone.

When we got to the pizza place we ordered a large pizza to share and a side of fries. When we get our food we take our seats and chill. "You met the kids of the guy your mums marrying" I ask her, "you mean the devil children" she laughs, "sure if you wanna call them that" I say, "they're so annoying, he has two boys and they are so stupid, they never shut up and talk about the wierdest things" she says and I just laugh. Her phone buzzes and she immediately opens the message, "hey who you texting" I ask, "no-one" she says quickly, " is it a boy in LA" I ask, "no it's not" she says looking up at me, "then who is it" I ask again, "non of your business Grace" she laughs, looking back to her phone. I take a few fries and dip them in my ketchup, "you are disgusting, ketchup is gross" she says and I roll my eyes, "you hate a lot of things don't you" I say, "yeah, for one is ketchup, then the devil children, don't forget Zach Herron, rubber ducks, the colour yellow, I hate a lot of things" she says and all I can do is laugh, "you're so random Mols" I say, "yup, but you love me for it" she smiles. "I'm going to the toilet I'll be right back" she says standing up and walking to the toilets. I sit there for a few seconds before I'm confronted by a curly haired teenage boy, sitting straight across from me.

After a few seconds of starring at each other I realise I must have been set up, there's no way he would be here at the exact same time I saw, that's too much of a coincidence. "What do you want" I say to him, "to talk to you" he smiles taking one of my fries in which he gets a slap on the hand, "so talk, but you cannot take my food, I'm hungry" I say. He laughs, "I know you brought my skateboard back last night" he says, "well duh, I figured Sydnie would tell you, are you done now, can you go?" I ask not looking at him, but rather fiddling with my food. "I'm not going until I say this" he says grabbing my hand. I look at our hands in one anothers then I look at him, pulling my hand away from his grasp. "Look Jack I don't want to talk to you" I say, "I broke up with Alison last night" he says quickly, "really" I say finally looking at him, "yeah, after you dropped my skateboard off actually, I heard you and Sydnie talking" he says, "oh" I say, "and so I wanted to talk to you and..." he pauses, "and what Jack" I ask impatiently, "I want a second chance" he finally says. HELL NO. Why would he want a second chance. He doesnt like me. He shouldn't even be talking to me right now. We are suppose to be hating each other. If my mum saw us now I'd be shipped away with Spencer to LA and Jack would most likely be dead.

I start to panic and look around frantically for Molly to come out of the toilets and save me. "Jack no, after what happened last time, I can't trust you" I say barely getting the words out, "I know I have things to prove but I just want to be start of being friends, we don't have to pick up where we left off if you dont want to, I just miss talking to you" he says trying to grab my hand again, I pull my hands off the table and place them in my lap. "Jack you need to go" I say, "what no, I'm staying" he says, "Jack, go" I say, "I'm trying, I'm showing you I'm not the dickhead you think I am" he says, "let me try and sort this" he pleads. I can tell by his eyes that he's being serious but I don't want to believe him. I don't say anything, we just stare at each other as our silence fills the space. "Gracie please" he says, "you know how much you hurt me Jack" I say, "what" he mumbles, "when Tess left me, you were there, the guys were there, I thought I had finally found people who cared about me, but then you left just because we hit a bump in the road, the guys hate me, without Molly no-one at school would even think twice about talking to me" I say, letting it all out.