CHAPTER 16 [my cousin molly]

GRACES POV (skipped the weekend)

I woke up today with a smile on my face, I was happy. At least I felt like it. I decide to put effort into my appearance today. I get changed into some highwaisted black ripped jeans, with a grey cropped t-shirt with the words 'lover' written in black across the chest. I pull out my beige timberlands and slip them onto my feet. I plait my hair into two french braids, then after, i put on some make up. Not too drastic, just a little. I smile at my reflection then head downstairs. I look at the time on my phone and it reads, 7:30am, meaning I have to leave for school in 20 minutes. I pull out a bottle of water from the fridge as my mum walks into the kitchen kissing me on the head. "You look nice" she says smiling, "thanks, actually put some effort in today" I laugh, "I can see that" she says. "Morning freak" my brother says walking in, "shut up" I roll my eyes at him. "I'm going home friday you know, you should be more kind to me" he laughs, "yes I will finally have peace and quiet in this house without the two of you arguing" my mum laughs.

I grab a round of toast and put extra nutella on it and sit down to eat. "Hey, you know Molly got back from LA last night, right?" Spencer says, "no way" I say jumping up, excitedly. Molly is my cousin, well more like a sister. Her parents broke up a few years back so she shifts from LA and here all the time. Her mum is my dads sister, she lives in la, and her dad lives here. Molly has been in LA the past 4 months and is finally coming home to finish the year of school before transferring to a school in LA permanently. "Is she coming school" I asks, smiling big, "well she said she is" Spencer says, making me smile more. Since Spencer lives in LA, he talks to Molly more than I can. I still try to talk to her as much as possible but sometimes its hard. molly argues with her dad a lot so shes always in LA, and sometimes she bunks in with Spencer when her mom is out working late. When I finish my toast I hear a knock at the door, I smile hugely praying for it be Molly. As I get up to answer the door, I see being burst open revealing a smiling Molly. "I'm back bitches" she screams. We both scream when we see each other. We run towards one another and tackle each other the ground in a hug, and also in fits of giggles.

After a while of hugging we finally pull each other up from the floor, "I missed you so much Grace" she smiles pulling me into another a hug, "you have no idea how much I've needed you these past few months" I say, "well you have me now" she laughs pulling away. "Hey aunt Laura" she smiles pulling my mum into a hug, "welcome back Molly, but do I need to talk to your father about your language" my mum jokes pulling out of the hug, "what language I'm as good as 5 year old wanting a choclate bar" she laughs. Molly is the closest I've been with anyone, ever. "I thought I'd never see you back here trouble maker" Spencer saying pulling Molly into a hug, "and I thought you were trapping yourself in LA" she laughs hugging back. After a while of more hugs and a few laughs it's time for me and Molly to go school.

"You coming" I ask Molly, "sadly yea" she rolls her eyes. I laugh. Molly has never liked school. She's always been the kid to get into trouble and cause chaos, but that is one reason why I love her. She is never afraid to say what she wants and I needed someone like her to break me out of this shell I've been hiding in the past few months. We're the best when were together, I'm there to talk her out of trouble and she's always there to push me a little out of comfort zone. Her being here is the best thing that could happen to me right now. She grew up here and has always been at Edgewater, when she's in LA she does home school work. However, she's moving to LA after this year to live there with her mum since she's re-marrying and Molly says she can't stand her dad.

We walk to school laughing and catching up. "So, hows Jack" she says, and my smiles drops. "Come on Grace, from the way you were talking about him over the phone it's obvious you like him" she says, "yeah well we're not talking, and it's better that way, if mum found out she would flip, my family hates his and vise versa, that's how it works" I say as the turn the corner to the gates, "suit yourself" Molly says. I shrug, not really knowing what she meant by it. We pause for a few seconds starring at the gates. "Welcome back" I say, "boy, I can't wait to get out of this shithole" she laughs causing me too as well. She throws her arm around me as we walk in. I'm glad she's back, maybe I can finish the year off in a nice way having a friend by my side rather than alone and scared.