CHAPTER 15 [dating]

As I walk out of French I make a b-line for my locker, praying that I get there before Jack and Alison. Of course, they're already there. I figured out that Ali's locker is next to mine and that why Jack is always there with her, not just to annoy me. I've never realised before. The last few days I've been avoiding going to my locker because I didn't want to be in the presence of them. But, I gain a new confidence and decided that enough is enough. I walk over to my locker breaking both of them apart and stopping their idiotic conversation, not even realising what I'm doing until it's done. "Hey hey, what do you think you're doing" Jack says, I roll my eyes as I face him, "getting something out my locker for english, what does it look like" I say with more sass than intended, but he's been annoying for days now, so I don't care, "looks like you're a little jealous princess" Jack says which drives me insane, "don't call me that" I say shutting my locker, "yeah why are you calling her that" Ali says, and I laugh to myself when Jacks face drops realising what he called me. "Just to piss her off babe" he says smiling at her.

At that, the smile on my face fades when Jack says that. "See you English, dick" I say to Jack as I begin to walk off, "whatever you say princess" Jack laughs, knowing that he's annoying me, "don't call me that" I shout back at him when I walk off, throwing a middle finger to him in which he just laughs it off. Had Jack really turned into that dick that feels as though he can do whatever the fuck he wants. I roll my eyes at myself when I walk to English. I rush inside the class trying to get a seat at the back of the room to hide myself from everyone else since this class gives me nightmares. A lot of bad memories haunt me in here. Looking down avoiding every ones gaze, I bump into someone whilst walking in. "Shit, sorry" I say looking up. Zach. "it's cool" he says quietly. He smiles at me weakily as I walk past him, desperately trying to get to my seat. I feel him grab my wrist and swing me back to face him. "How are you doing" he asks, "since you called me a bitch and Jack completely fucked me over, lost my bestfriend and nearly my family, yeah I'm fine" I snap. "Sorry for trying to be nice" Zach spits out letting my wrist go. As he walks off he looks down at the floor, maybe he was trying to be nice.

He takes his seat and after a few seconds of starring, I finally take my seat when Jack walks in, hand in hand with Ali. He kisses her goodbye and I feel something in my stomach hit me hard. I look at the floor as I make my way to my seat, hiding my face in my jumper, away from everyone else. "So are guys like dating now" I heard Zach say, only just being able to make it out, "I guess you could say that" Jack says, as I look up I realise he was smirking. Zach laughs, "you are totally fucking her" Zach says, they both laugh. I feel my face burning up and my eyes becoming glossy. I look at my own hands and start to fiddle with them. I try to put my thoughts somewhere else. I don't know why the thought of Jack dating, or just him with someone else hurt me so much. I don't feel anything else for him after I threw my feelings away for him along with everything else linked to him. I remember Jacks past relationships. The girls always ended up in tears and heartbreak. Jack was the worst for it out of his group. There's no doubt that Alison is going to end up the same.

I make my way home after the last bell goes. I walk back fast trying to avoid everything Jack and Ali. And just when I thought I was succeeding I see Jack and Ali getting 'busy' outside the school gates. I instantly freeze and turn myself away from them. Seeing that kind of hurt but mostly just grossed me out, it was disgusting. To avoid walking past them I decide to take the long way home. Sure it's an extra 10 minutes but I didn't not want to look at that anymore so when I finally turned away I promised myself I wasn't turning back. It felt like every time I saw them together little bits of my heart was being chipped away, only a little at a time but I still knew it was happening.

When I finally get home I rush straight up to my room. I close my door straight behind me and make my way to throw myself onto my bed. "Ow" I shout as I walk into the corner of my dresser. "Ow fuck" I say, holding my hip. I slide my back down the wall and sit on the floor next to it, pulling my knees up comfortably to my chest. I bury my head in my hand and sit there for a few minutes. Why did I feel like this from what happened today? Nothing was directed at me. I hate Jack. I hate his guts. Everything about him makes me squirm. The way he acts around girls as if he's the golden prize they all want. The way he expects everyone to love him. The way that one look from him could make any girl melt in their seat, and the fact he used it to his advantage. How his smrik could change your opinion about him in a matter of seconds and..FUCK. Thinking about him hurt me even more. I hate jack, I kept telling myself. I hate him.