CHAPTER 27 [classroom]

I like Jack. There is no denying that. But everything is so hard because I feel like I shouldn't be feeling this way, like it's wrong. It feels as though Jack is my drug and I'm addicted him. He's dangerous but without him I don't feel safe. I need to have him otherwise my world comes crahsing down. But then my family is trying to pull away from this drug because they belive for it to be bad for me but really, it could be as good for me as it is bad. I'm being drawn to him because in a way, I need him for me to be okay and happy.

My alarm goes off and I wake up still very tired and with a slight headache. I really don't have any effort for today. I drag myself up and look for something to wear. Today is going to be slightly hotter than usual so I grab some high waisted denim shorts and a red t-shirt that says 'lovebite' on it in white with typewriter styled writing. I take my curly hair out of the pony tails i slept it and it doesn't look that bad so I ruffle it a bit and leave it as it is. I put on some mascara to hide the fact I look dead and head downstairs to grab something for breakfast. I put my back pack down the side of the counter and leave it there. "Hey mum" I say walking in and smiling, "morning sweetie, I didn't hear you come in last night" she says, "oh I was in at 11" I say opening the cupboard to get some cereal, lucky charms. "I went bed early that's probably why" she says drinking her coffee, "hey did you buys ice cubes" I ask her, "yeah should be some in the freezer why?" she asks, I smile, "Molly taught me how to make ice coffee so I'm going to try and make one" I say pulliing out a cup to put it in.

"Okay" my mum laughs, "I'm going to wake Elliott up he has doctors before school" she says kissing me on the head and leaving to walk upstairs. Within three minutes of trying to make this iced coffee I think I screwed it up. I hear the door open and I know who it is before looking, "Molly help me" I shout, "what what" she says rushing into the kitchen, she laughs at me seeing what mess I'm in with coffee spilt all over the counter, "let me do it" she says walking over and grabbing the cup off of me, I laugh as I watch her do it. She makes me one and hands it to me with a smile on her face. I screw on the lid to the cup which already has a straw to go with it and drink it quite quick. "You ready" Molly asks 10 minutes later, I look down at the time, "shit yeah" I say standing up. I grab my bag off the floor as we go to leave, "bye mum love you" I shout before closing the door.

As we walk to school someone zooms past us making us both jump, I have a feeling who it is before I look up. Jack Avery. "Jesus Christ do you want me to die of a heart attack" Molly says holding her chest dramtically, l laugh at her when Jack catches my eye with a smile that makes me melt inside. "Jack" I say, acknowledging he's there, "Gracie" he smiles. Molly flickers her eyes between us, "okay, I'm going to walk ahead and leave you guys to talk" Molly nods as she walks ahead putting her earphones in her ears. Me and Jack smile at eachother when he picks his skateboard up to hold by his side.

"I couldn't stop thinking about last night" he says, "me either, I was up at like 2am" I say, "I think I was up for longer" he laughs, "wanna go to the park today after school, I'll bring my skateboard" I say to him, he smiles, "depends, can we race there" he asks, "sure, but I'm going to win" I say, "yeah right, you think that Gracie" he smiles. "So what's happening with Zach and Molly" he asks me, "I don't know, Zach likes her, obviously" I start, "are you kidding he doesn't shut up about her" Jack cuts me off, I laugh, "I think Molly just refuses to admit she could actually like him" I say, "does it run in the family?" Jack asks, I roll my eyes, "watch your mouth Avery" I say to him, "don't worry baby girl" he smiles throwing his arm around me.

We walk to school exactly like that, smiling and laughing. When we walk into the halls everyone stares at us more when they see Jack has his arm around me. "I thought people would get used to us by now" he says, "not when every girl in this school is in love with you" I roll eyes, "yeah but there's only one I care about" he smiles down at me, "soppy shit" I tease as I pull him arm off my shoulder and walk to my locker. "Well I could be a soppy shit but I actually quite like teasing you" he whispers in my ear as his hands trail up my hips. "Jack everyone is starring" I whisper still facing my locker, Jacks presses up harder against my back, "so let them see" he whispers as he pulls away to stand next to me leaving me speechless.