CHAPTER 18 [trying too hard]

Me and Molly are standing by my locker waiting for the morning bell to go before heading to our class. We stand there talking for a few minutes when someone interupts us, "hey trouble" Zach says throwing his arm around Molly, "Zach" she says turning to face him with a slight smile, Zach's eyes light up, "yeah" Zach says smiling, "piss off" she says throwing his arm off her shoulder. I laugh to myself. "One date, please" Zach begs, "awe, let me think" Molly says mockingly scratching her head, "never going to happen" she says, "you're trying to hard Zach" I say, he rolls his eyes, "get her to go out with me" he pleads, "she doesn't listen to me, sorry" I say, Molly laughs. "Zach bro, you have to let it go" Jack says walking over, I feel my body tense up, "hey, a guy can dream right" he says, Jack laughs. "Sorry for him bothering you guys" Jack says smiling at me, those eyes make me want to give in, but I refuse "hey, he was bothering me" Molly says hitting Jack's arm. Jack awkwardly smiles as he scratches the back of his head. "I'm leaving for maths you coming" Zach asks, "nah, I'll see you after" Jack says, staying with me and Molly. "I was asking Molly" Zach says making Molly's eyes go big in shock, "what" Molly says glaring at him, "we have maths together, the bell is going to go any second, you can't avoid me, you might as well come with me" he smirks, "I'm not leaving Grace alone what that idiot" Molly says pointing at Jack but still keeping eye contact with Zach. "Jack will be a good boy, come on" Zach says, Molly looks at me ofr reassurance and I nod telling her it's okay to go.

Me and Jack watch them as they walk off. Zach goes to put his arm around Molly again in which he earns a slap around the head for doing so. The other guys at the locker further down laugh, I roll my eyes. Then I freeze. I've been left alone with Jack. I look at him awkwardly and he's already starring. When he opens his mouth to say something the bell goes. I quickly walk off from him in the direction of my class knowing he's going to catch up with me at some point. After a few seconds of fleeing he's already caught up to me, "you can't escape me, we have the same class" Jack says to me, I refuse to look at him, "don't do this now" I say, "do what" he asks, "you know what" I say turning to look at him. "I meant what I said, I'm sorry for making you cry, and I don't care what you say, I'm going to try and fix this even if you refuse to let me" he says, "well don't try too hard" I say walking into math.

I take my seat and instantly put my head down. I see Jack walking up the isle and stop next to my seat. "What are you doing" I say, he smirks knowing full well he's annoying me. He looks at the kid next to me, "I want to sit there, you move" he says, the kid quickly moves to sit behind me. Jack takes the seat next to me and smiles, "I'll try as hard as I need to, even if it kills me" he smirks, "looks like you just signed your death sentence then" I roll my eyes at him as Mr.Hernand walks in the room and shuts the door. "Good morning everyone, the sheets are at the front of the room, take one and complete both sides, what you don't complete you will do for me as homework" he says sarcastically smiling and taking his seat. I roll my eyes and stand up when Jack stops me, "I'll you get you one baby girl no need to worry" he says placing a hand on my shoulder, "don't call me that" I say, walking past him to get my own sheet making sure I bump his shoulder on the way. 

All through maths Jack was trying to talk to me. He got me into to trouble several times. I told Jack I wanted nothing to do with him but he refused to belive that and is doing everything he can to talk to me or even be near me. Like he says he's trying to 'fix' us, which I don't really want happening. But, what ever I say or do, he wont take the hint, even if I tell him straight to piss off. 

"Do your friends know you're doing this" I ask him, as he follows me to my locker, "err, nope" he says, "then what do they think you're doing" I ask, "I don't know, they'll figure it out soon enough" he says, "they'll hate you again" I say, "if it means me and you will be good then that's fine by me" he says, "Jack, don't throw away your friendship with these guys for me" I say to him, "Zach supports my decision, so does Corbyn, Jonah is stubborn but I'll bring him around" he says, "and Daniel?" I ask, not wanting to know the answer, "yeah he just straight up hates you" he says making me feel like shit. "So much for trying to make me happy" I say to him. "fuck, sorry" he says. "You don't have to follow me like a dog you know" I say to him, "I'm taking every chance possible to talk to you" he says  in a 'duh' tone, "yeah but it's kinda creepy, maybe lay off a little bit" I say finally opening my locker. "So you are agreeing to let me try" he says getting excited, "nope, never said that" I say looking through my locker. "Well I need you to co-operate with me" he says, "nope" I say shutting my locker door. I turn my back to lean against the lockers, Jack puts his arm above my head and gets closer to me, pinning me against my locker, "it's not one sided Grace, I know you feel it too" he says. I pause for a few seconds not really knowing what to say.