CHAPTER 39 [to fit you]

I lay on my bed staring at my ceiling. I refuse to take my photos down until tomorrow morning. I still have to sleep on this bed tonight and I won't have anything to look up at. Sometimes these photos are the only things that get me to sleep and I feel like tonight out of all is when I'm going to need them most. My flight tomorrow is at 11 in the morning so I don't have a lot of time to see the people I need to. My mum hasn't found out I snuck out last night but even if she did I don't think it would change anything.

I grew up in this house. Every family memory I have is in this house. There's still marking on the living room wall downstairs where my dad and my mum measured me and Spencer when we were little. They never did it with Elliot. There's plenty of dents in the wall from where Spencer had started boxing and decided to punch everything in sight. There's still drawing on the wall from we're Elliot got ahold of my pens and we didn't realise until it was too late. This house was my childhood and I don't get how it is so easy for my mum to leave behind.

I'm broken out of my thoughts by a loud knock on the door. I furrow my brows and my make my way onto the landing where I peer down to see if I can see who's there. My mum opens the door and within seconds she slams it shut. She looks up and catches my eye in which I instantly move. I walk back into my room and throw myself back into my bed.

Within a few minutes I hear tapping my window. I get up off my bed to see corbyn hanging from the tree outside. I pull up the window and he smiles brightly when he sees me, "are you crazy" I say to him, "no just feeling adventurous" he says peering down to the floor. I look down and see everyone else there but jack. They all wave at me wth huge smiles. "Where's jack" I ask, "he thought it was best if you're mum didn't murder you and him before you left" corbyn says, I nod slightly. "Why are you here" I finally ask, "well we originally knocked on your door but your mum slammed it in our faces so we're here to break you out" he says holding his and out, "really" I say looking at his hand and then back up to meet his eyes, he nods with an expression which makes me feel like an idiot because of course he's being serious.

I roll my eyes and grab my phone off my bed, "fuck it" I say causing him to smile. He helps me down out the window and down the tree, "don't worry Grace I'll catch you if you fall" I hear zach shout, "zach your me a twig and can barely hold a dictionary" I hear Jonah say to him chasing me and corbyn to laugh. "Mind your foot" Daniel shouts, "oh shut up I'm fine" I say to him. Once I'm down on the floor they all pull me into a huge group hug. I smile big. "Let's go then" Daniel says, "where are we going" I ask, "surprise" zach sequels like a girl causing all of us to laugh, "is jack gonna be there" I ask, "of course he is" Jonah says in a duh tone.

The boys drag me down the street. We run in laughter as I follow them, not knowing where I was going. "If you guys are kidnapping me I swear to god" I laugh, "we're not stealing you don't worry" Jonah laughs. I roll my eyes and we begin to slow down. We stop at the park me and jack normally meet. I see him standing there smiling along with a lot of skateboards. "What is this" I ask, "you're goodbye" he says walking closer to me, "we came up with something that fits to you" Jack smiles as he grabs my hand, "we're teaching these goons how to skate" Jack says looking over the boys. I laugh a little as I look at their slightly scared faces before I look back at jack. "Thank you" I say to him, "anything for you Gracie" he smiles.

He kisses my lips shortly before we turn to the others, "you guys ready" I ask them, "no" they all say in unison, me and jack start to laugh. "Don't worry it's not that hard" Jack says, "yeah but you've been skating for like 10 years" corbyn says, I giggle to myself as jack rolls his eyes, "okay guys jack taught me years ago, believe me he's a good teacher" I look over at him smirking. I feel him wrap his arm around my waist and pulling me closer as I look up at him. "Ew" jonah says pretending to gag, "now grandpa Jonah, are you really going to start being the immature one now" I ask, the boys laugh as Jonah rolls his eyes, "fine" he says smiling and giving in. I smile widely and the guys walk over and pick up a skateboard.

We spend the next few hours trying to get these idiots to skate. Daniel picks it up quite quick but he literally does that with anything and everything..I mean he plays like 100 instruments. Seriously, give him a spoon and he'll find a way to play it. Zach is the clumsy one and about broke every bone in his body several times but some how managed to come off okay. Jonah had skated before so for him it was just remembering the feeling. Corbyn however found it funny to push the guys over as much as he could whilst pushing himself along on his skateboard on his ass. He did, however, learnt how to skate semi-okay.

After hours of laughing and talking (and a few bruisings) we decide to stop and rest. "I cannot believe you nearly fell into the bin" I laugh in hysterics as we all sit down on the ground, "corbyn pushed me" zach moans and we laugh even more, "that was fun" Jonah smiles as he sits down, "yeah it was" Daniel smiles brightly, "Thank you guys, so much, I am really gonna miss you all" I say with the feeling that tears could fall any second. Jack quickly pulls me into a hug, "of course Gracie, were going to miss you too" Jack says as he kisses me head. "This is my last full day here" I say, choking up a little, "don't cry because I'll cry" corbyn says as he fakes wipe a tear from his eye dramatically, I laugh a little. "I love you all" I smile, there's a mixture of 'I love yous' and smiles between me and the boys however jack pull me into a kiss without saying it himself making me slightly confused.

Jack pull away and smiles at me. I can't help but smile back. "So are you going to be close to Molly" zach asks, "yeah where were staying is almost a 10 minute walk from her" I say, "oh" zach smiles, "you're missing her aren't you" I ask him, "a lot" he lets out a weak laugh, "she calls him every night though" Jonah teases him a little making me smile as zach blushes. "She really does love you zach" I say to him, "I love her too" he smiles. After more talking and laughing it starts to get late and we decide to call it a night. That's when the tears come in.

I hug Jonah tightly, "I'm going to miss you so much grandpa" I say with a tear running down my cheek, he laughs a little before he pulls away looking at me, "I'm going to miss you too" he says, "who am I going to have to drive me to parties" I say laughing a little, Jonah's smile begins to weaken, "you'll find someone else to be your lap dog" he says making me laugh more. Next is zach. I pull him into a hug quickly making him laugh in surprise, "dear Zachary, I'm going to miss your stupid one liners" I laugh, he laughs more, "don't worry there's only going to be more and I'm sure you'll be getting a text from one of the guys when I say something dumb if it isn't me myself" he laugh as he pulls away. "I'll miss you" he says with his smile dropping, "I'll miss you too" I say.

Then corbyn. As I look over at him I feel my eyes start to fill up, he quickly pulls me into a hug, "don't worry Grace, this isn't the last time you'll be seeing me and the guys" he says, "I know, I just feel like it's going to be forever until I do again" I say so only he hears, "don't worry, we're all going to miss you" he says. "I'll miss you too bean, treat my Christina well" I say to him making him smile, "of course" he says. Then there's Daniel, who right now is looking down refusing to face me. "Gods sake Daniel" I say rolling my eyes and pulling him into a hug myself, "I'm sorry for everything I did" he says to me, "I know you are, I'm sorry too" I say to him closing my eyes as he hugs me tighter. "I really do love having you as a friend" he says as I pull back, "me too" I say smiling, "until next time grace" he smiles, "next time" I smile more.

I hug all four of them again before thy leave. "I love you guys so much" I say to them during the hug, "we love you too" they all say in unison, "don't let Molly get you into trouble in la" zach says, "I'm sure I can handle her" I laugh a little. I feel my tears start to stream down my face, "ugh fuck" I say laughing a little as I wipe my face trying to brush it off, "call and text everyone of us when you land" Jonah says with glossy eyes, "of course I will grandpa" I say, he laughs wearily at the nickname. "Bye guys" I say giving them one last hug.

I join jack as he pull me close to his side as I watch the guys walk off the park, each of them with a skateboard in hand. I smile to myself thinking of all our memories together. It took some time but I'm glad I can call them my friends for life. More tears stream down my face as they get further away.