CHAPTER 26 [i want to try]

The rest of the night Jack doesn't talk to me. I ignore him too because if he's going to act this way because I got locked in a room with Daniel then whatever, I don't care. Right now we've gave up with playing games and we're all chilling and talking. I've barely drank tonight but Molly has had quite a bit. "I'm just saying, I think you and Zach would be good together" Jonah says trying to annoy her, "well fuck you" she says, Zach looks annoyed. "What's wrong with your mardy ass" Molly says looking at Zach, "gee, I don't know molly" he says, he never calls her Molly, it's always 'trouble', that's how we knew he was pissed. "Stop ruining the fun for everyone" she says laughing and not taking it seriously, "okay I'm done, bye everyone" Zach says standing up and walking towards the door, "I'm done too" Jack says standing up. He joins Zach and I sit there starring. Jack doesn't look at me and he refuses to even acknowledge I'm there.

"Hey, come back, just because you're pissed at your girls doesn't mean you have to leave" Brick says as if it was no big deal. The fact the Brick called me 'Jacks girl' made me mad, "fuck you Brick" I say standing up and walking to the toilets to get out of there. "We're not their girls" I hear Molly say as she comes after me. She catches me up before I could lock myself in to calm down, "don't listen to him" she says, "he's right, Jack's pissed at me and I don't know what I did" I say annoyed, "I don't know what Zachs deal is either" she rolls her eyes, "do you seriously not see it" I say to her and she looks at me confused, "he's been trying with you for ages so when you kissed Bricks friend in that game, he got mad jealous, it might have been your intention but you could have answered that question easily" I say, "I couldn't" she looks down, "what why, you're the most open person I know" I say to her, "I couldn't answer that question because my body count is only one, Zach was my first" she whispers. I'm shocked.

She looks up at me and I don't know what to say. "So yeah, I couldn't answer it, Zach doesn't know" she says. "Doesn't mean you have to make him jealous, just talk to him otherwise he won't be any more fun tonight" I say cautiously, not knowing her reaction, she nods and I let out a breath, "I might think about being nice" she says hesitantly, I laugh a little, "and Jack?" she asks me, my smile fades, "I don't know what I did" I say, "I'll talk to him for you" she offers, "no it's fine, I'm gonna talk to him when I'm home, I'll text him" I say, "you sure" she asks, "yeah" I throw her a smile and she looks at me as though she knows it was fake. "Okay well I'm going to join the others, and i swear if any one gives me shit for being nice to Zach, I will punch them" she says, I laugh a little, "I'm going to go toilet real quick, I'll be out in a minute" I smile weakly. She leaves to join everyone else and I go to the toilets.

When I close the door behind me I start to think of me and Jack. Every thing was fine and then he just changed. He must be jealous, that's the only thing he could be. There's nothing to be jealous of though, nothing at all. I take a deep breath before I walk out the toilets to an empty corridor. I tuck my hair behind my ear before I re-join the group in the lounge. Everyone is laughing and smiling and Molly and Zach seems to getting on fine, cosying up in the corner. I think I even saw Zach crack a genuine smile once or twice. Jack is still sitting there reufsing to look up. I sit next to Jonah and start to talk with him and Daniel. Things are still a little awkward between us but at least we're talking. "How come Molly is being nice to Zach" jonah asks confused, I laugh, "maybe she's just in a good mood" I say to him. "You know" Brick shouts standing up holding a beer, "I'm a little drunk, so I'm going to say this" he says looking at me, "Grace you are hot" he says pointing at me randomly, everyone starts laughing as we know he probably doesn't mean what he's saying since he is drunk. All of us laugh but Jack.

"Well, why thank you" I say standing up and twirling whilst looking at him, "I think you just needed to know that" he smiles big, I nod my head and go to sit back down when I freeze, "dude what the fuck" Jack says, the first words he's spoke in a while, "what" Brick says, I turn to face Jack who is glaring at Brick whith anger in his eyes, "you know what" Jack says standing, Brick takes a step closer to Jack and Jack does the same. I look over to Jonah in panic who looks confused and worried, "is some one jealous" Brick says mocking Jack, "shut the fuck up" Jack says, I start to really panic when they are inches apart. Everyone is looking around the room waiting for some one to do something. "Or what big boy" Brick says, Jack laughs, "just leave her alone" Jack says pointing in my direction but still looking at Brick, "why, it's not like she's your girlfriend" Brick laughs looking at me. With that Jonah rushes up from the floor to grab Jack just before he got the chance to fully swing for him.