Chapter 10

Hello my lovelies! I seriously gotta find a new way to open up these author's notes up! I feel like that's all I say and call you guys! I hope you guys are awesome!

Thank you to @JFarley for always giving the best comments! I would love to hear from some more of you!

Thank you for 1,000 reads, 100 votes, and 7 comments on the last chapter!!

I hope your heart is healed from the last chapter!

This one might be a little easier!

Reedus kisses for everyone! Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Here's the next chapter, Nords!

--

Then

Things had been going great. I got a new job. Even though it was only part time it was better than nothing. There were days that I was fine and there were other days that I missed Jeffrey dearly. It had been four months since I had left him. Some days I wondered if he still missed me.

What would happen if I called him up? Today was one of those days. I was currently sitting on the couch looking at my phone which was sitting on the coffee table. I wanted to call him. I needed to call him, but something was holding me back. The object sitting next to my phone made me want to panic.

I thought it was stress from the break up and trying to make it on my own, but man was I wrong. The plastic pregnancy test sat next to my phone with a bright pink positive sign on it. I ran my hand through my hair and bit my lip. This wasn't happening. It couldn't be happening.

Not like this. I wanted to break down and cry. This wasn't fair. It's like karma came right back to bite me in the ass. My phone vibrated on the table and I picked it up to see it was Brittany texting me back. "Are you sure?" her text read. I laughed at the situation. It didn't feel right.

"I'm positive," I texted back before placing my phone back on the coffee table. What was I going to do? He's probably moved on by now. My phone vibrated again. "Are you going to tell him?" she asked. I rolled my eyes and didn't even bother replying. I broke his heart.

It's not like he'd take me back or help with the baby. I crushed him. He would never forgive me at this point. A single tear slipped down my cheek. I missed him terribly. There were days I wished things were different, I ruined everything between us. Something as stupid as him not being around tore us apart and nothing was going to be able to repair us. I hugged my knees to my chest as the sobs took over my body.

~~

Now

Two weeks. It had been exactly two weeks since my phone call with Jeffrey. Two weeks since my body went numb since I had heard his voice. Two weeks since I felt like my world had done a complete one-eighty. On the outside I tried to act like nothing was bothering me for Charlie's sake.

On the inside, I was hurting. Hearing his voice broke me and it made me miss him terribly. "Stop moping," Brittany said breaking the silence between us. We were having a picnic at the park with the kids. "What?" I asked her. She chuckled lightly.

"I'm not stupid. Ever since you've talked to him you've been miserable, why?" she asked. I sighed. "I miss him," I whispered finally admitting it. Brittany crumbled up her napkin and chucked it towards the trash can. It sailed in effortlessly and she smiled.

"I'm gonna say this as nicely as possible," she said. I looked up at her. "What?" I asked. Brittany ran her hand through her hair and tugged on the ends. "You left him," she said boldly. I felt my eyes become wide before the tears started welling up.

"How dare you! You don't even know the half of it!" I said defending myself. Brittany rolled her eyes. "Please, you called me every time he left and complained the whole entire conversation about how much you hated him leaving, yet as soon as he came back you acted like nothing happened, but as soon as he would leave you would be at it again! You couldn't make up your mind!" she said slamming a hand on the table in front of us.

If I could crawl in a hole at this point I would. "I just missed him. That was all," I said trying to keep my voice calm. Brittany shook her head. "That's not how that works. You knew that he had to travel and be gone for long times in order to make a living," Brittany said.

I felt my eyes narrow at her. I felt like she was ganging up on me. I ran my hand through my hair and growled. "This isn't fair," I said. Brittany chuckled. "Life isn't fair," she said. I stuck my tongue out at her. "Coming from the woman who has the perfect marriage with two perfect kids," I said.

"Hey now, my marriage is far from perfect. Same with my kids," she said. "I didn't ask to be a single mother," I said. Brittany cocked her eyebrow at me and I chucked my napkin at her instantly knowing what she was thinking. "Don't even say it!" I hissed while getting up to throw my trash away.

"I won't say it. I shouldn't have to tell you," she said. "Are you ever going to let this go?" I asked her as we walked over to the playground to see what the kids were doing. "I'll let it go when you pull your head out of your ass and admit that you're wrong," she said.

"Admit what? What am I wrong about?" I asked her. "That you made a huge mistake by leaving him in the first place. You always run when you're scared," Brittany said before walking away to push baby Al on the swing and leaving me with a lot to think about.

--

Dun dun dun another bites the dust! Another chapter down! Kind of a filler chapter the next one will be a semi filler too before the big blow out chapters where it's gonna be a ton of fun to write!

The then chapter still made me a little sad with Ronnie's mixed emotions about being pregnant and whether or not to tell Jeffrey or not. So was Ronnie's sister being a little too harsh about Jeffrey? Or was she just being honest?

Comment, vote, fan, follow, add to reading list and spread the word!

Reedus kisses for everyone! XXXXXXXXX

I have some secrets to share soon!

Have a good night Nords!