Chapter 21

Hello my darlings! I'm sorry that it's been so long, I have been very busy preparing this update. This one has taken me awhile just because it was a much needed chapter that needed to be wrote a certain way. I hope that you guys understand. This chapter I knew was going to be a difficult one to write as soon as I started writing this story, but I told myself that I would cross that bridge when I came to it. Well, here we are. It took me a month to get it finished but I am finally satisfied with it!

Thank you for all the continued love and support! Especially to @JFarley! @Lauren_Loving is Brittany in this story (Which is her real name btw!) she also has a wattpad account and can see all your hater comments lol! But she loves it! Keep those comments coming! I loved hearing from the new readers!

Now onto this crazy chapter!

Reedus kisses for everyone! Xxxxxxx

--

Now

It had been two weeks since Brittany and I had went to Comic Con. Two weeks since I told Jeffrey that he had a daughter. Charlie was currently at a play date with a school friend. I didn't mind. It gave me time to get some housework and other adult things I needed to get done. Soft music was playing through the house as I swept the floor trying to get the house cleaned.

I hummed to the music lightly as I swept up the dirt and threw it in the trash. A knock interrupted my work. I looked up at the clock to see it was too early for Charlie to be home from her play date. Unless something was wrong. I checked myself out in the hallway mirror making sure I wasn't covered in dirt before opening the door with a smile.

My smile instantly fell when I saw the person on the other side of the door. He looked ragged, almost like he hadn't slept in the two weeks since I had told him he had a child. He had on his dirty work boots, sweatpants, a hoodie, and his signature beanie with his glasses.

"Hi," I whispered not really knowing what to say. "Can we talk?" he asked me, cutting straight to the point. I glanced back inside my house thinking that it wasn't a good Idea for him to come inside. "Let's take a walk, Ronnie," Jeffrey said trotting down the steps not even giving me a choice.

I sighed, grabbed my jacket, and followed down the steps behind him. It was quiet between us as we walked slowly around the neighborhood. "How do you find me?" I asked trying to keep the conversation simple. Jeffrey's hands were tucked deep in his hoodie pockets community "I guess Jensen felt guilty," he said as we rounded the corner. I rolled my eyes period of course it was him. "Oh," I said softly feeling like I needed to say something.

We came to a clearing where a small park was. Jeff started pacing back and forth in front of a bench. I sat down as he continued to face in front of me. "Would you like to sit?" I asked him. Jeffrey stopped and glared before continuing to face in front of me.

Guess not. Jeffrey continued to place in silence before he finally stopped and plopped down beside me. "The weather's nice today. Better than what it-," I didn't even get to finish my sentence Before I was interrupted. "I didn't come to talk about the fucking weather, Ronnie," Jeff said rather harshly.

I flinched and felt myself sliding a couple inches away from him. "Oh, don't act like that," Jeff muttered while pulling his beanie down lower. "Like what?" I asked him return. I could see Jeffrey rolling his eyes. "Like you're afraid of me," he said pulling a pack of cigarettes out of his pocket.

"I don't appreciate being yelled at," I said. Jeffrey quickly stood back up and started pacing again almost like he couldn't sit still. "Well then how about we talk about this like two civilized adults, Veronica," He said before starting down the sidewalk again.

I quickly jumped off the bed and caught up with his long strides. "I'm not the one yelling and getting angry," I said when I finally caught up to him. "I didn't come to argue, close work Jeffrey said tossing his cigarette down and touching his hands back in his pockets.

"Then what did you come here for?" I asked him though I was sure I already knew the answer to that question. Jeffrey stopped again and this time looked me dead in the eye. "I'm not going to ask permission," he said. I stared him down. "I'm not going to make you ask," I said.

"So then you know what I want, right?" he asked. I felt like it was a rhetorical question period then again part of me wanted to hear him say it. Jeffrey broke I contacted started walking again. I followed beside him quietly with my hands tucked in my pockets.

I could see my house as we rounded the corner. This was it. Our time together was over that quickly. I slowly walked up my steps and turned to face Jeffrey who stayed down on the sidewalk. I went to open my mouth to say something when Jeffrey quickly stop me.

"I want to get to know my daughter. I want to get to know Charlie," he said. I leaned against my porch railing letting that sink in for a minute. I sighed. 'Before you say no I'm going to tell you that you have no right to keep her from me. I'm not a bad guy period I would be a great father, but you took that opportunity from me and I'm getting it back. I've already missed out-." "Jeffrey," I Said trying to stop him, but he shook his head.

"No Ronnie, it's time for you to listen, I'm not taking no for an answer," Jeffrey said. I raised an eyebrow at him with my arms crossed. "Are you done now?" I asked him. He nodded. "I think so, yeah," he said. "Okay good, can I talk now?" I asked.

He nodded again while pulling out yet another cigarette. "I wasn't going to tell you know. Truth be told I want nothing more than for you to be in Charlie's life. I was scared then, but I'm just as scared now," I said nervously. "Why?" he asked between puffs of his cigarette.

"Because Jeffrey, your job. You were practically always gone when we were together," I said. "We discussed this, I told you that you could've-," I help up my hand to stop him. "We're moving forward not backwards," I said. He sighed and nodded his head before gesturing for me to continue.

"I want you to get to know Charlie, but when you have to leave for long periods of time, I'm afraid she won't know what to think or do. She's five, Jeff. She gets attached easily, " I said. Jeffrey through his cigarette to the ground and stamp it out with his foot.

"So then we cross that bridge when we come to it ," he said. I sighed. He obviously knew nothing about Charlie, though that was my fault, I wasn't sure he knew what he was getting himself into." Come on, Ronnie. I'm just asking for a chance," he said.

His voice sounded weak, almost sad. "Okay," I whispered softly. his head snapped in my direction. "When?" he asked simply. I nodded my head in the direction we had just came from. "Tomorrow, the park on the corner, two-o-clock," I said. Jeffrey nodded.

"Okay, I can do that," he said. I nodded in return before turning around to head inside. "Hey Ronnie!" Jeffrey called out. I turned around to see he was already at his truck, with his door open. "Thank you!" he said before hopping in the truck and driving off.

I nodded and went inside, shutting the door behind me. I leaned against it and let out a breath I felt like I had been holding since Jeffrey had shown up on my door step. I walked through my house in a daze wondering what was about to happen tomorrow. What was I getting myself into?

--

So this chapter I wrote it out in my notebook and it was ten pages long. Type it out and it's only three pages. That's so irritating lol. And I know there isn't a "Then" part but I felt like this was a much needed stand alone chapter that needed to be out there.

I hope you guys enjoyed! My Microsoft word downloaded a "Dictation" tool on it. Kind of like a talk to text button in cell phones where you speak what you want to type. If you see any mistakes I blame it! It was just a trial run I probably won't use it often. But it was easy to get all that writing out of the way!

So, Ronnie has set up a playdate for Charlie and Jeff. Do you think Jeff had the right to basically demand he gets to see his daughter? How about how Ronnie reacted by scooting away from him on the bench when he yelled?

Comment, fan, follow, vote, add to reading lists and spread the word! I am loving hearing from all these new people! Reedus kisses for everyone! xxxxxxxxxx