Chapter 27

Hello everyone! This is gonna be short because this a long awaited chapter that everyone is ready for, including me! I'm gonna keep this short and sweet because it's a long chapter!

Reedus kisses for everyone! xxxxxxxxxxx

--

*Now*

Charlie unbuckled her seat belt and took off out of the car as soon as it stopped. "Charlie, wait!" I called out trying to get out of the car with her but she was too quick. I sighed and got out of the car to see she was already in Jeffrey's arms. I slowly walked up to the both of them. Honey was sitting loyally at his feet.

"Hey," I said softly. He smiled. "Hi yourself," he said. I was nervous, way more nervous than what I ever have been. "Where should we do this?" I asked him wanting to get this over with immediately so we could focus on something else. Jeffrey nodded towards the house. "How about in the living room? We can get comfortable on the couches," he said. I nodded and he turned to go inside with Charlie still in his arms.

Honey followed him slowly and turned to look at me, almost like she was wondering if I was coming. I picked up the pace and followed Jeffrey and Honey up the stairs. Jeffrey wiped his muddy boots on the mat and opened the wooden screen door. He gestured for me to go first as Honey walked in front of me.

I took off my shoes at the front door and faced Jeffrey. Charlie was still in his arms clinging to his neck. I followed him into the living room, where he plopped Charlie down on the couch before sitting across from her in an arm chair. I joined Charlie on the couch and faced Jeffrey. I didn't even know where to begin this conversation.

Jeffrey looked at me with an encouraging look. I sighed and faced Charlie. "You know mommy loves you very much, right?" I asked Charlie. She nodded and looked down at her feet. She had no idea what was going on. "Well, mommy has something very important to tell you," I said trying to find the right words.

I looked at Jeffrey who was now looking over at Charlie intently trying to read her face. "Well mommy loved you so much, that mommy carried you in my belly for nine months," I said still trying to find the proper words to say. I looked at Jeffrey and he nodded and gestured for me to continue.

"That's a long time!" Charlie exclaimed. Both Jeffrey and I chuckled. "Yes, that is a very long time baby. It wasn't easy for mommy. You know how everyone has a mommy and a daddy, right?" I asked. She nodded. "I have a mommy," she said. I nodded. "But you don't have a daddy, right?" I asked.

Charlie frowned and nodded. "But I have an Aunt Brittany!" she said excitedly. I laughed a little, but Jeffrey didn't. "Well, Charlie. You do have a daddy," I said spitting the words out before I lost the courage. Charlie's eyes became wide. "I do?!" she asked looking up at me. I nodded feeling tears well in my eyes.

"Yes, Charlie, you do. And I'm sorry that I didn't tell you. Mommy thought it would be better if you didn't know, but I realize now that I was wrong," I said. My voice faltered at the end and I dipped my head feeling the tears starting to spill out. I tried to choke them back but a couple slipped out.

I heard Jeffrey stand up and before I knew it he was sitting on the other side of Charlie. "Hey doll," he said as he sat beside her and placed his arm around her. His hand reached for mine. I didn't move, but allowed for him to take my hand in his.

"Are you my daddy?" Charlie asked Jeffrey. Those words squeezed at my heart. They hurt, but at the same time I felt a sense of relief wash over me. "Yes, Charlie I am. I'm sorry I haven't been around, but I hope we can make up for our missed time," he said as he squeezed my hand. I looked over at Charlie with tears in my eyes.