Chapter 37

Los Angeles was nothing but beautiful. We had landed late last night and made it to Jeffrey's apartment where we all crashed in bed. I'm pretty sure none of us even changed out of traveling clothes. I was worried on the way to L.A. because we were going to be there for two weeks. We only had enough clothes for a few days of Comic Con.

Jeffrey had surprised me with a couple suitcases of ours full of clothing. He had been super sneaky about this and I was wondering how he had pulled all of this off. But then one person had come to mind. Brittany. She had a key to my house and most likely had helped him figure all of this out.

Charlie and I set ourselves up in the guest bedroom in Jeffrey's small apartment while he kept himself in the main bedroom. Charlie was too excited on the plane to sleep but after a dinner in the airport and a layover before taking our last place to L.A. she finally knocked out on the taxi ride to Jeffrey's apartment.

I rolled over in bed and stretched reaching for Charlie. I grasped air and opened my eyes while sitting up in bed. Of course she was already up and about. She was probably too excited about being somewhere different. I heard her giggles from behind the closed door and got out of bed slowly.

I grabbed a hoodie blindly and slipped it over my head before fixing my hair into a messy bun and opening the door to the bedroom. Charlie's giggles became louder with the door being opened and it made me smile as I made my way into the living room. Charlie and Jeff weren't there when I made my entrance.

I felt my eyebrows pull together in confusion while scatching my head. Charlie's giggles pieced the air again and at that moment I saw the curtains move in the breeze. I walked over to the curtains and moved them out of the way. I noticed the sliding glass door was open and walked out onto the small patio.

There sat Jeffrey and Charlie around a small table. Charlie was eating a bowl of cereal while Jeffrey was drinking a cup of coffee and smoking a cigarette. The local newspaper was sitting in front of him and that made me giggle. In the years I have known him I've never seen him read the paper.

"Well, good morning," Jeffrey said as he blew a puff of smoke out of the side of his mouth. I smiled at him. "Morning," I said as I made my way over to the table to join them. Jeffrey lifted up his cup of coffee towards me and I gratefully took is and took a sip before handing it back to him.

He held out his hand to me as he pushed back his chair a little bit. "Nice hoodie," he said. I looked down at what I was wearing and noticed that it was Jeffrey's hoodie that he had given me at Comic Con to sleep in the night we came back from the bar. "It's comfy," I said as I grabbed his hand in mine.

Jeffrey pulled me gently towards him and pulled me down on his lap. "What are you doing?" I asked him. Charlie wasn't paying a lick of attention to us. "Giving you a place to sit," he said as he wrapped his arms around me. I pointed behind us. "There's two more chairs right beside you," I said.

Jeffrey glanced around me. "There is? Hm, that's okay," he said as he tightened his arms around me. I turned and looked at Charlie who was finishing her cereal. "Good morning, baby, how did you sleep?" I asked her. Charlie gave me a thumbs up while she was chewing on her cereal causing me to crack a smile.

I turned my attention back to Jeffrey. "And how'd you sleep, Mr. Morgan?" I asked him. He gave me a crooked grin while tossing his cigarette over the balcony. "I slept okay," he said. I popped an eyebrow at him. "Just okay?" I asked him. He nodded and rubbed the outside of my thigh with his hand slowly.

"The bed was a little cold and lonely," he said. I smiled. "At least you didn't have feet in your face or a head in your side," I said. Jeffrey chuckled while taking another sip of his coffee. "This is true. But I think I would rather have someone up against me," he said. I rolled my eyes. "Okay, then Charlie can sleep with you tonight," I said.