Chapter 23

Well here it is! The longest chapter known to man kind! This chapter is gonna be huge in more ways than one! Not only was it just a long chapter to write but there is a huge turning point in this story! I'm keeping this short because this chapter is so long!

Happy reading! Xxxxx

--

Then

"I miss you so much!" I said into the camera. Jeffrey smiled into the camer while puffing on a cigarette. "I miss you too, babe. Only three more weeks and you're all mine," he said while blowing out cigarette smoke. I blew him akiss and sat up in the bed.

"Are you wearing my shirt?" he asked me. I nodded. "It smells like you," I said. His smile brightened. "It looks good on you," he said while stamping out his cigarette. "You need to get some sleep," I said while laying back in the bed taking the laptop with me.

"I know, but I like talking to you more," he said. I could see the sleep heavy in his face. "There's always tomorrow," I said. Jeffrey took his glasses off and rubbed his face. "I know," he said softly. "Alright, since you're not going to hang up, I will. Sleep sweet, darling," I said while blowing him a kiss.

Jeffrey acted like he caught it. "I love you," he said. I smiled. It never got old hearing that. "I love you too," I said before hitting the sign off button. I closed the laptop and then snuggled into the bed hoping to fall asleep quickly and dream about J.D.

~~

Now

"Ronnie? Are you okay?" Jeffrey asked. I finally snapped out of it and locked eyes with him. "Right, sorry, fine. Yeah, I'm fine. Come on in!" I said opening the door a little wider for him. He walked in and kicked off his wet shoes before turning to face me.

He popped his eyebrow before looking down at his full hands. "Right, um, board games and movies can go here. Pizza in the kitchen," I said while grabbing the movies from him. I sat them on the coffee table and gestured towards the kitchen doorway.

"You can just sit it on the kitchen table," I said. He nodded and headed off towards the kitchen. I took my opportunity and grabbed a wet wipe to get the makeup off my face. I looked at my living room with wide eyes. It was a mess from our blanket fort.

Jeffrey came back into the living room. He had gotten rid of his coat. "Sorry about the mess. Charlie and I build forts on rainy days," I said while starting to take it down. "Leave it, Ronnie," he said. I kept my focus on the fort but nodded. "Where is she?" he asked.

I noddede towards the hallway. "She was going to get a mirror for her makeup, but I think she got lost," I said. Jeffrey smiled as I called out for her. "Charlie! Can you come here!" I called through the house. Her little feet started padding on the floor softly.

"I got the mirror, momma!" she exclaimed as she rounded the corner. She haulted as soon as she saw I wasn't alone. She looked between me and Jeffrey. Her head dropped and she instantly became shy. "It's okay, Charlie," I said as I bent down to her level.

"Do you know the farm we stop at on the way to Aunt Brittany's?" I asked her. She nodded, but didn't say anything. "Well this is Mr. Jeffrey. He owns the farm. Momy and him used to be friends," I said. Charlie looked up and right past me to Jeffrey.

"You own the farm?" she asked him directly. I looked behind me to see that Jeffrey had squatted down to make his lanky self seem smaller. "I do," he said softly. "You gave me your hat," she said. He nodded with a small smile. "That I did," he said.

She handed the mirror to me. "It's in my room. Wanna see?" she asked. I looked back at Jeffrey who looked at me. I nodded and stood up. Jeffrey stood up as well and took afew hesitant steps toward Charlie. I stepped out of the way to give him some room.