Chapter 14

Hello my lovelies! I hope y'all are okay after the last chapter! I still don't think I am and I even know what happens next!

Thank you to @JFarley for all of the comments on the last chapter!

I'm still waiting to hear from you quiet creepy readers!

Alright next chapter!

Reedus kisses for everyone!

Here we go, Nords!

--

Then

The bar was loud and filled with the haze of cigarette smoke, but I kept working. I needed the money. Sure bussing tables wasn't the best job, but it was making ends meet. I had struggled my way through college and had barely graduated, but I did and now I was drowning in student loan debt.

My tub was full of dirty plates and empty beer bottles and I was about to exchange it out for another one when a chorus of laughter erupted from a booth in the back causing me to turn my head. The same group of men that sat there every Friday night was back there again.

I didn't know any of their names. Well all of them except one. He was sitting on the outside of the booth this week. His long legs were stretched out in the aisle. A cigarette hung lazily from his lips. What got me the most was the way his eyes lit up when he laughed.

I had never formally introduced myself to him, but I had learned his name was Jeffrey, but most people called him Jeff. Our eyes met and he gave me a soft smile. I felt my cheeks heat up and I quickly averted my eyes before heading to the back and switching out my tubs.

Friday nights were always busy, but being busy meant really good tips. I collected a couple while cleaning off the next table. 'Hotel California' by The Eagles came over the radio. I hummed quietly to myself while continuing to clean. A smile slowly came on my face. There was something about The Eagles that always put me in a good mood.

*Jeffrey's POV*

"What are you smiling like a goof ball for?" my friend Paul nudged me and asking bringing me out of my trance. I glanced over to see all my friend's staring back at me. "Oh, Jeffy's got a crush!" Paul said while grabbing my shoulders and shaking them.

"On who?" Mark asked while looking around the bar. Paul scanned the crowd before pointing. "Her!" he said. By the time Mark turned around someone had stepped in the girl's way. This girl was dressed in a short tight skirt with a low cut shirt.

"Oh! Jeff's getting some tonight!" Mark exclaimed, but Paul shook his head. "Not her.....her!" he said pointing again. Just then the underdressed woman moved and revealed the girl who was busy bussing tables. Mark stared at her for a long minute before setting back in his chair.

"If that's what you go for man. She doesn't look really well put together," he said. Her shirt was dirty and a little wet. Her hair was up in a messy ponytail that looked like it needed to be fixed, but she looked like she was on a mission to get her job done.

I had never caught her name, and she didn't wear a nametag. "Dude, it's Friday. She works in a bar. It's busy, she's-," "Beautiful," I heard myself saying cutting Paul off. Both of their heads whipped around to look at me. Paul smiled and chuckled.

"Ask her out man!" Paul said. I shook my head. "I don't even know her name," I said taking another sip of my beer. Mark grabbed the hand of the next waitress that walked by. "Excuse me, Gorgeous, but do you happen to know the name of the girl over there? My friend across from me has a liking for her," he said pointing at me before pointing to the girl bussing tables.