Chapter 34

*Ronnie's POV*

I paced the green room back and forth as I watched the T.V. that was streaming the panel. Cliff had put it on mute so that I couldn't hear what was being said, but that didn't stop me from making up my own story in my head. "Ronnie, sit down," a voice behind me said but I was too focused on the T.V. to pay attention to who it was.

I knew Charlie was sitting on the couch eating a snack. She had no idea what was going on. "Ronnie," I kept pacing not paying attention. I couldn't look at the T.V. I needed to distract myself. "Veronica!" hands were placed on my shoulders and brought me to an abrupt stop. I blinked a few times not even noticing that tears were coming out of my eyes and flowing down my cheeks.

Rob's blurry figure was standing right in front of me with a look of concern in his eyes. "Hey..Hey Ronnie. I need you to sit down," he said while leading me to the couch across from Charlie. A bottle of water was placed in my hand. I couldn't get it open because my hands were shaking so bad.

Rob took it out of my hands and opened it before holding it back out to me. I took it and took a small drink before swallowing and then chugging half of the bottle. I guess I hadn't realized how thirsty I was. Rob took the bottle back from me and sat it beside us on a table while I sat back in the couch with my eyes closed.

Rob rubbed one of my shoulders gently. "Everything's gonna be okay, Ronnie," he said. I rubbed the bridge of my nose and opened my eyes to look at Rob. "Says you, your face is already in the media," I said just as the door to the green room opened. Rob and I stood up from the couch just as Jensen, Jared, Jeffrey, and Sam all walked in together.

Rob stepped away from me. My eyes were focused on Jeffrey but I could tell that all eyes were on us. My feet felt like concrete and I couldn't move. Jeffrey's long strides came across the room in no time and he had me wrapped up in a tight hug. It took every fiber of my being to not break down again.

Before I had a chance to pull back and say anything, Jeffrey kept one arm wrapped around me and he lead me to a small private room that was right off of the green room. He shut the door behind us as I practically collapsed on the couch. "Charlie," I said softly as he came and sat beside me.

Jeffrey ran a hand through his hair. "There's a room full of people out there that I doubt at this rate would let her out of their sights," he said as his hand came to rest on my leg lightly. His thumb started rubbing soft circles on my inner thigh trying to soothe me. I closed my eyes as I relaxed into his touch.

"What are we gonna do, Jeff?" I asked him softly. His hand stopped moving on my thigh and he squeezed it gently. "Honestly, I don't know. We knew this would come someday. I just wasn't expecting some day to be so soon. I was hoping that we could hang out in our bubble a little while longer," he said.

I nodded. I was hoping it could've been like that forever. Jeffrey still could've been the superstar he was as long as Charlie and I weren't stalked by paparazzi. I sighed and sat forward so I was right beside Jeffrey. His hand left my thigh and his arm came around my shoulders as he pulled me into him.

I turned slightly and buried my head in his shoulder. "I'm just scared about what people will think, what they will dig up. Charlie's not a baby, so people will start digging into the past," I whispered as I buried my face in his neck. Jeffrey squeezed me gently. "Come here," he said while gently pulling on me.

I moved over to him and he opened his arms to me. I slowly sat down on his lap as he sat back into the couch with me in his arms. My arms went around him as well as I tucked myself into him. One of his hands came up to play with my hair as I calmed at his touch. His scent instantly hit my nose which calmed me even more.