Chapter 20

Hello my lovelies! Long time no talk....er read. Whatever you wanna say! Are you guys still with me?! I'm not just writing for @Jfarley am I? I wanna see some new readers come out of the wood works! Comment and say hi!

I want to thank you guys for all the love and support! I am really loving this story. Some things it's just hard for me to get through and work my way around it! Bear with me!

Thanks to @JFarley for always blowing up the comment section!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! This will most likely be the last update until the holidays are over. As some of you know I work for the Post Office and this is our most busiest time of the year! I am exhausted! But the money is nice! Again just please bear with me!

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! I feel like this one wraps up another point in Ronnie and Jeff's relationship!

Reedus kisses for everyone! Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--

Then

"Last call!" my bartender's voice sounded through the bar. It was time to close up shop. Luckily it was a slow night so there wasn't that much to clean up. "Are you good, Ronnie?" he asked me. I nodded. "Okay, if you need me I'll be in the back counting money," he said.

I nodded again before grabbing a tub and a rag to start clearing tables. The jukebox was playing some older music and it instantly put a smile on my face. I stopped at my first table and dropped the tub. I headed to the front door and made sure no one could see in.

I went back to the table to start cleaning it off. The jukebox switched songs as I moved from table to table and hummed to the music and swayed my hips. The smell of fresh cigarette smoke filled the air alerting my senses. My head snapped up and looked around the room until they landed on the back corner table.

"Jeffrey?" I asked as I slowly made my way over to the table. We had been going out for a couple of months now. He had just shared with me that in two weeks he was leaving for a few months to shoot a movie. I had just learned that he was a working actor as well as Paul. Pretty cool, huh?"

"Hey babe," he said while breathing out some smoke. I smiled as I sat across from him in the booth. "Didn't you hear my bartender yell last call? We're closed," I said fearing that he would get in trouble for being in here. Jeffrey waved me off as he stamped out his cigarette.

"I snuck in while you were distracted. I already talked to him, he's cool with it," he said. I nodded before standing back up. "Well I have a few more tables to clean and then I'll be done," I said. Jeffrey nodded and lit up another cigarette as I set back to work.

I could feel his eyes on me as I made my way around the room. The jukebox was still playing music as I grabbed my tub of dirty dishes and made my way to the back of the bar. I was ready to go home and spend time with Jeff. I put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher and started it before taking off my apron and hanging it up.

I looked in the small mirror and quickly fixed my hair before grabbing my bag and jacket and walking back out to meet Jeff. By the time I made it out to the main area Jeffrey was standing in the middle of the dance floor with a single rose in his hand. I dropped my bag and jacket on a nearby table and closed the distance between Jeffrey and me.

He offered me the rose and I smiled as I took it in my hand and brought it to my nose. "Dance with me," Jeffrey said softly while offering me his hand. I placed my hand in his and let him pull me into him. I let my head rest gently on his chest as my arms went around his neck.

Journey's "Faithfully" came on the jukebox as we started swaying to the music. I listened to the faint rhythm of Jeffrey's heartbeat and closed my eyes as we swayed to the music.

Highway run into the midnight sun

Wheels go round and round

Restless hearts sleep alone tonight

Sending my love along the wire

"I really wanted to see you tonight," he whispered with his head resting on top of mine. I smiled as I pulled back to look at him. "Oh yeah?" I asked him. He smiled that bright smile I had come to love. It fell quickly. "Yeah," he said softly. I watched as he looked deeply in my eyes.

"What's wrong?" I asked him. He sighed before answering. "I got a call. I have to be on the first flight out tomorrow to go shoot the movie," he said. I frowned. "But you weren't supposed to leave for a couple of weeks," I said sadly. Jeffrey frowned as well.

"I know. I know. But something happened and they pushed production forward," he said. I felt my frown deepening. "Hey, don't get all sad now. Me leaving now just means I'll get back to you sooner," he said while pulling me back into him. I buried my head back in his chest and breathed in his scent.

"I know. It just sucks," I said into his chest. We had a couple of things planned together before he left. So much for doing those things now.

They say that the road ain't no place

To start a family

Right down the line it's been

You and me

And loving a music man ain't always

What it's supposed to be

Oh girl, you stand by me

"Come stay with me tonight," he said. I frowned. Was I ready for that? We had been going out for a couple of months, but we had yet to spend the night at each other's houses. I looked up at him and out eyes locked. "Please, I just want to hold you in my arms all night before I can't for two months," he said.

How was I supposed to say no to that? I pulled myself out of his arms and created some space between us. "Ronnie?" he asked. I went over to the table where I had left my bag and jacket. "Then we better get going. Cause it's getting late," I said softly.

Jeffrey let out a sigh of relief and smiled. "Just let me tell Dan I'm leaving," I said. Jeffrey nodded. I made my way through the back to the tiny office where Dan was counting our deposit. "Hey man, I just wanted to let you know I'm heading out," I said.

Dan turned around. "Is everything cleaned and put away?" he asked. I nodded. "Yeah, I left the jukebox on. I can turn it off as I leave," I said. He waved me off. "Don't worry. I'll get it as I go out. It gives me something to listen too," he said. I nodded and walked away to meet Jeffrey.

He was leaning against the wall when I came back out to the main area. "Ready to go?" I asked. He nodded and reached for my hand and we walked out the door leaving Journey playing on the jukebox.

I'm forever yours.....faithfully

--

So this wraps up another side of Ronnie and Jeff's relationship. Now we'll be getting into all the newer stuff. Ronnie and Jeff will finally maybe start to work out their problems.

Any predictions?!

Comment, vote, fan, follow, add to reading list, and spread the word! Reedus kisses for everyone! xxxxxxxxxxxxx