Chapter 24

Hello my lovelies!

It's so good to be back writing another update! I love all of you dearly and hope that you guys are enjoying this story! I really need to get another Denny update out but I am loving all of this Jeffrey inspiration!

I'm gonna keep this author's note short and sweet!

Enjoy the next chapter!

Reedus kisses for everyone! Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--

Then

"How much longer?" I asked Jeffrey over the phone. It had been three long months, but Jeffrey was finally on his way home. His chuckle sounded through the phone. "Soon, babe. I have an hour layover in Houston, then a two-hour flight home. I should be home in time for dinner," he said.

I smiled and looked around the apartment. "Are you sure you don't want me to pick you up from the airport?" I asked him, crossing my fingers hoping he would say no. "That's alright, darling. I'll be home soon," he said. "Okay, I'll see you soon then," I said.

"I love you," he whispered before hanging up the phone. I put my phone on the counter and quickly set back to work on the decorations. It wasn't much but I was excited and ready for him to come home. I readjusted the 'Welcome Home!" banner.

I grabbed a few balloons and threw them around the living room. It seemed cheesy, but I felt like he needed something to welcome him home. I went into the kitchen and grabbed a beer. I leaned against the counter with a sigh and drank half the beer in thirst.

I was proud of the little decorations I had done. Here in a couple of hours I would start on dinner, Jeffrey's favorite meal to welcome him home. I played on my phone trying to pass the time, but I was anxious.

"Time is so slow!"

I texted Brittany, tapping my fingers waiting on a reply.

"Girl, you better jump his bones when he gets back!"

Brittany texted me back. I laughed out loud.

"Plan too!"

I texted back to her before putting my phone away.

Before I knew it enough time had passed and I was getting started on dinner. I popped the steak and potatoes in the oven and wiped my forehead. I looked up at the clock to see I still had an hour before Jeffrey showed up. I went down to the bathroom and checked myself in the mirror making sure I didn't look ridiculous.

I had music playing trying to relax me. The steaks aroma came through the house and I walked back to the kitchen to check on them. I grabbed the oven mitts and opened the oven. I grabbed the pan to pull the steaks and potatoes out. Everything looked great.

"Dinner smells delicious," I jumped and my arm touched the hot wire rack. "Ah! Shit!" I hissed while dropping the pan with dinner in it. Dinner went everywhere. "Oh babe," arms engulfed me as I huffed and looked at dinner all over the floor. I quickly turned around in his arms and hugged him.

"You're home!" I exclaimed. He chuckled. "We need to look at your arm," he said trying to direct me towards the kitchen chair, but I latched onto him. "My arm is fine. You're home!' I exclaimed again. "Ronnie, you're burnt!" he said while pushing me gently into a kitchen chair and grabbing the first aid kit.

He grabbed my arm and put some ointment on it. I winced and he blew on it gently easing the burn. He was on his knees in front of my concentrating on my arm. His eyes slowly made their way up my arm and locked with mine. "Hi," he whispered with a smile that made my knees weak.

"Hi," I replied back just as he leaned up and his lips connected with mine. I sighed into the kiss and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him into me. He pulled back and rested his forehead against mine. "Dinner is ruined," I said. Jeffrey chuckled.

"It's quite alright, darling. It's the thought that counts," he said. I sighed and looked at the mess. "You go unpack and get comfortable. I'll clean this up and order something," I said. Jeffrey smiled. "Chinese? The one on 6th Street?" he asked.

I chuckled. "Sure, that sounds good," I said. He grabbed his suitcase. "I've missed that place," he said while walking to the bedroom. I shook my head and grabbed the trash can to clean up the mess. "Wasted food," I mumbled to no one in particular as I cleaned it up.

After sweeping and mopping up the little bit of mess, I called in an order to the local Chinese place of all of Jeffrey's favorites. "Babe, food will be here in twenty!" I called out. "Okay!" he called back as I flopped down on the couch to relax for a few minutes.

I grabbed the remote and turned the music down a couple notches before closing my eyes and leaning my head against the back of the couch. "Hey, babe," Jeffrey said as he entered the room. I opened one eye and saw him leaning against the door frame.

"Yes?" I asked him. He smiled and made his way towards me. "Nice decorations," he said nodding to the banner over my head. I smiled. "I wanted you to know I was excited for you to be home," I said as he sat beside me. "I think I knew that when you clung on to me," he said while wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

He kissed my forehead and ran his hand through my hair. A knock on the door interrupted us. "I'll get it," Jeffrey said unwrapping himself from me and heading towards the door. He pulled a few bills from his wallet before opening the door. "Thanks, man. Keep the change," he said grabbing the food from the delivery man before shutting the door with his foot.

I got off the couch and followed him into the kitchen to sit at the table. "Mm, all my favorites," Jeffrey said as he laid out all of the food. He handed me a pair of chopsticks with a smile and pulled out my chair for me. I sat down and grabbed a container of chicken and rice as Jeffrey grabbed one full of noodles.

He sat down and took a huge bite. "Oh my God," he said with his mouth full. I chuckled. "Good?" I asked him. He nodded. "So so good," he said before taking another big bite. I took a couple more bites of my chicken and rice before sliding it towards Jeffrey and grabbing the noodles from him.

"Hey," he said jokingly. "Sharing is caring," I said taking a bite of the noodles. He grabbed the chicken and rice and started eating it. I stood up and went to the fridge. "Beer?" I asked. He nodded and I grabbed two out of the fridge. I popped both caps off on the counter and handed Jeffrey his.

"Thanks," he said taking a long drink. "Come here," he said grabbing my hand and pulling me towards him before I had a chance to sit back down. He pulled me into his lap and wrapped his arms around me. He buried his face in my neck as his hands slipped under my shirt.

"God, I missed you," he breathed into my neck. I wrapped my arms around his neck. "I missed you too," I whispered. He pulled back and his lips connected with mine. I ran my hands through his hair and tugged gently. He moaned into my mouth.

He stood up and I squealed latching on to him. His lips connected back to mine as he walked us through the house. He opened the door to the bedroom and tossed me gently on the bed. He pulled his shirt over his head and tossed it across the room before unbuckling his belt leaving it hanging open.

He straddled me on the bed and crawled up until he was nose to nose with me. "Hi," he whispered. I smiled and ran my hand through his hair. "I'm glad you're home," I said. He kissed my nose lightly before going for my neck. "Me too," he mumbled before he started working on the button of my pants.